De: Nightowl
Data: sexta-feira, 6 de maio de 2016 11:39
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] Translation add-on

Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the occasional
work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon does not seem to
work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to translate foreign words
when in NVDA.

Thank you.

Ângelo Abrantes

I'm using the last version of balabolka portable.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 12:29 de 06-05-2016, Rui Fontes escreveu:

I am using QTranslate.

Rui

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the occasional
work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon does not seem to
work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to translate foreign words
when in NVDA.

Thank you.

Ben J. Bloomgren

Yeah, I was wondering what had happened to Instant Translate. That thing went the way of Weather Plus! 😭

Where do you get QTranslate, and what is Balabolka?

Muito obrigado, and thank you very much.

Ben

On May 6, 2016, at 3:39 AM, Nightowl <nightowl145@...> wrote:

Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the occasional work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon does not seem to work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to translate foreign words when in NVDA.

Thank you.

Waqas Ramzan

Hi! Yes you are right! The addon has stopped working because of following reason:
The instant translate addon uses Google Translate API to translate text across language. Now Google has changed the API and the addon can't use it.
The addon can't work until Google change the API again or the addon author find another translate API.

I don't think that there is an alternative addon available at this time. I suggest you to use other translation software such as QTranslate.
Hope that will help!

Best Regards!

On May 6, 2016 3:39:42 PM "Nightowl" <nightowl145@...> wrote:

Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the occasional
work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon does not seem to
work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to translate foreign words
when in NVDA.

Thank you.

Lenron

Q trans didn't seem to work as well for me.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Kevin Cussick

you can use QTranslate I have it installed but don't often find I need it. so not the best person for instruction.

On 06/05/2016 11:39, Nightowl wrote:
Hi,

I used to use the Instant Translate NVDA addon to translate the
occasional work in a foreign into English when using NVDA. This addon
does not seem to work any more. Can anyone tell me what I can use to
translate foreign words when in NVDA.

Thank you.

As a temperary solution go to blindaudiogames.com
Ian reed has written the jgt addon which works for japanese games, you will need a username and password on his site as he is paying for the translations for these games and the translations are cached on his server.
He eventually hopes to have all the translated japanese games at least on his server making as little requests to google as he can.
Its not an official nvda addon but it works, another unofficial addon which is on the jeff.tdrealms.com nvda site with all the others is if interpriters by nick stockman or is it stockton.
This handles glulx and a few other interpriters this one is not official and has not had updates for a while but its good.
The only thing one needs to do with winfrotz is to start the program first before opening a game with glulx this is fine.
Sadly google translate will not work by addon but you should still be able to translate webpages, there is a user limit on it to.

On 7/05/2016 12:26 a.m., Waqas Ramzan wrote:
[...]

Shweta Mishra

hi!
you can get q translate from,
https://quest-app.appspot.com/download

On 5/7/16, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
[...]

efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

Nightowl <nightowl145@...>

Hi,

I liked the Instant Translate addon because when reading a document with the occasional word say in German, I can have have NVDA translate it immediately without the hassle of going to the internet. I will be great if someone with the expertise can write another translation addon.

Thanks.