From: "Patrick Le Baudour" <p.lebaudour@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

The two OCRs I use, omnipage and freeOCR, do convert pdf. But the first one isn't free, and the second one prone to klingon.

-- Patrick.

Le 09/05/2016 à 16:39, Brian's Mail list account a écrit :
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open
pdfs easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@b

I yesterday went on the UK site london Elects to find out detailed results from the recent election. The main mayoral election pdf worked fin with nice easy to use tables etc. The london wide election results were in an untagged pdf, and it looked blank in adobe and when text was removed it was all junbled together with hardly any spaces and in the wrong order.
The local constituancy pdf, was just a picture of a bit of paper with no text in it at all which adobe reader said was also malformed.

Obviously those who make pdfs just do not understand what they are doing.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I posted the step by step directions yesterday as to what needs to be done to get Adobe Reader XI or Adobe Reader DC set up to run with screen readers.
~ Henry Rosovsky

Patrick Le Baudour

The two OCRs I use, omnipage and freeOCR, do convert pdf. But the first one isn't free, and the second one prone to klingon.

-- Patrick.

Le 09/05/2016 à 16:39, Brian's Mail list account a écrit :
Most of these I've tried with the current ocr add on end up as Klingon!

However, its a great pity more of the ocrs do not allow one to open
pdfs easily and ocr them.
Brian

bglists@b

I posted the step by step directions yesterday as to what needs to be done to get Adobe Reader XI or Adobe Reader DC set up to run with screen readers.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky

Aravind R

i don't know what changes to be done in preference.
i will check

On 5/9/16, Kevin Huber <kevin.huber1@...> wrote:
Hi:
If you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader, have you tried changing some of
the settings in your preferences menu?
I forget what needs to be set, but there are several of them which
pertain to Screen Reader accessibility.
I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 15 and in my case, if I open a
PDF file, Acrobat Reader detects that I am using a screen reader as
sonn as it loads.
Kevin Huber

On 5/9/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
no sir,
if its image pdf then NVDA will announce empty document and document
may contain OCR>
but, acrobat DC announce blank only even for text pdf

De: Aravind R
Data: sbado, 7 de maio de 2016 11:12
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Cannot read PDF documents with NVDA

acrobat reader DC in my windows7 did not read even text pdf files and
it showed blank. so i was forced to downgrade

On 5/7/16, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
I am using Windows 7 with Acrobat Reader DC and NVDA 2016.01 works
perfectly
well. Have you configured the Accessibility features of Acrobat for
screen
readers? Can you not access the acrobat menus? Is the document you are
trying to read an image or is it text?

Cheers
Chris