Hi, from win10 Mail App!

David Moore

Hi,

David Moore here.

I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Carlos

Hello:

    Got it!

    hope this message is only for you and not the whole list as I just hit reply as opposed to reply to all?

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Hi,

For this group, “reply” means reply to all.

Cheers,

Joseph

    hope this message is only for you and not the whole list as I just hit reply as opposed to reply to all?

On 5/7/2016 11:26 PM, David Moore wrote:

Hi,

David Moore here.

I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

I cannot see a mail app in Windows 10 on the machine I just got. How would one find it and does it also do Usenet as Outlook express and Live Mail did.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes I get it, so mail actually works now, has ms done something right for once.

On 8/05/2016 6:26 p.m., David Moore wrote:
Hi,
David Moore here.
I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jacob Kruger

I am guessing that he got windows mail - the older windows 7 version - working via the tweak available on the following page:
http://opopanax.net/download/

Look for the windows mail heading level 3 item, and if you're prepared to try work with the files in that zip file, then first read the readMe.txt, and it says that it's possible that service pack installations etc. might mess it up later on, but, you also need to make sure you handle part of the tasks frfrom the right context - run as administrator, etc.

Either way, it says that windows mail is installed along with windows 10, but, sort of turned off, and does a couple of things to then enable it again - have run through this on my windows 10 pro 64 bit machine, and it works just fine, but, still trying to decide on best method to export all my archived messages from thunderbird, before possibly switching back to windows mail myself, since it's still pretty much an outlook express replica/clone...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1966@gmail.com>
On 2016-05-08 5:25 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Jacob,

Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is
using the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and
shows up on the start menu out of the box.

It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other
than the fact that it is used to read mail.

I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the
Win10 mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some sort.

*/Brian/*
--

*Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts. *
**/ ~ Henry Rosovsky/

David Moore

Hi,
When you are using the win10 mail app, your contacts are imported into the people app. So, you need to use the people app for your contacts and addresses, and the mail app to work with the messages. So, you have the people app and the mail app working together and you should have them both running at the same time.  The Calendar app is very closely related to the mail app as well. So really, to have it all, you need the mail, people, and calendar apps running all at the same time. This is how it differs to other clients. You need three apps running to have the whole picture.

Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 11:25 AM

Jacob,

        Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is using the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and shows up on the start menu out of the box.

        It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other than the fact that it is used to read mail.

        I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the Win10 mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some sort.

  ~ Henry Rosovsky

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, David,

Could you do a tutorial on the mail ap for us like you did for google chrome? That would be great.

Rosemarie

[...]

Hi Rosemarie,
I just sent out to the list everything you have to know about using the win10 mail and calendar apps. I will do a audio tutorial for you and everyone else. In the next couple of days, I will do that audio tutorial. Wow, this is so exciting. I just started to mess around with the win10 mail app, and now, I am ready to do an audio tutorial. Look for the message I just sent to the entire list with many articles that take you step by step through different tasks, and there are many key commands.
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

[...]

Hi Rosemarie, I am so sorry. I have not sent the info out to this list yet, I sent to the win10 list. I will go ahead and send it out on this list as well. Take care.

Could you do a tutorial on the mail ap for us like you did for google
chrome? That would be great.

Rosemarie

Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is using
the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and shows up on
the start menu out of the box.

It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other than the
fact that it is used to read mail.

I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the Win10
mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some sort.

~ Henry Rosovsky

I got it, will check this out when I’m bored <smile>. Currently have Thunderbird but want to check this out as an alternative especially if it’s integrated into Windows 10.

On 8 May 2016, at 07:26, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
David Moore here.
I am testing out the mail app with NvDA and it works pretty good. Let me know if you get this message okay. Take care.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi david

Will you be using the nvda screen reader for the audio tutorial? so we
can hear what problems that we might have and how to get arond them? or
the other one?

I was just reading through the stuff from the drop box account to do
with the email client it sounds almost the same as out look.ocm in a
way. I might even have a look and set up a account with nvda to see what
has to be done when I get some free time.

Gene nz

-----Original Message----- From: Rosemarie Chavarria

Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is
using the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and
shows up on the start menu out of the box.

It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other
than the fact that it is used to read mail.

I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the
Win10 mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some
sort.

David Moore

Hi Gene,
I will do the tutorial with NVDA, because of what you have to do to read the message. Everything works great with NVDA except to read the message LOL! I am still working with it to find a consistent way to do this. Thanks for asking, Gene, Take care.

Since David Moore has also posted elsewhere about this he is
using the new Win10 mail app that ships with every Win10 machine and
shows up on the start menu out of the box.

It's got little in common with earlier e-mail clients other
than the fact that it is used to read mail.

I'm still not able to get message text read using NVDA and the
Win10 mail app, but I'm presuming that this is operator error of some
sort.

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi David

I wonder if it is the same idea as outlook.com? is it more like a online
email client? that will let you get emails from other email addresses
like g mail and so on?

I know in outlook.com there is like a pain you can set when you go to
read the email. It when opened could go below the message above the
message or like on another page. if it was set for below after you
pressed enter on the email then it was a matter of using the say all
command. If it was set like off to the side then I would use the table
command to locate it. But say after you read the email if i remember
right I had to use the alt key and the left arrow key to go back to
where teh messages were, then go to the next one. When I done replies
as well to a message I am sure this could also be set to reply above the
message or below it as well under the settings part.

I guess I will know if I setup a account just to see the steps required
and what has to be done once i locate my details to setup a account.

At present I am using mozilla thunderbird and I like it so the other
would be a look and see what you have to do.

Gene nz

-----Original Message----- From: Gene New Zealand