Copying the path to a file

Ervin, Glenn

Hi All,

I came across a great Windows keyboard command on-line…

This will be useful for working with music files, like making a playlist, but sometimes I hate those browse boxes when it does not open into the folder where the file is, and you have to back out and find the folder where you are wanting to open or attach a file.

So when you have the folder open and you are on top of the file, do the following:

Shift + applications key

Then press the letter A.

This will put the entire path and file name into the clipboard, ready for pasting into that browse field.

This works with or without a screenreader.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436

Cell: 402 992 0325

Welcome | NCBVI

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yes. I find this particularly useful when putting stuff in command line. For a while there I was playing around with an Apple 2 E emulator that had to be run from command line and the paths needing to be entered were getting quite long.

I came across a great Windows keyboard command on-line…

This will be useful for working with music files, like making a playlist, but sometimes I hate those browse boxes when it does not open into the folder where the file is, and you have to back out and find the folder where you are wanting to open or attach a file.

So when you have the folder open and you are on top of the file, do the following:

Shift + applications key

Then press the letter A.

This will put the entire path and file name into the clipboard, ready for pasting into that browse field.

This works with or without a screenreader.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436

Cell: 402 992 0325

Welcome | NCBVI

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

The Windows 10 command line will not let me paste anything from the clipboard into the terminal. Is anybody else having this issue?

Otherwise, this command is completely useful, and exactly what I needed right now. Thanks for sending it along.

On March 13, 2018 12:54:44 PM "JM Casey" <crystallogic@...> wrote:

[...]

Hareth

Erik,
Win10 both command prompt and power shell does let you paste text in
to via the ctrl plus V
unless you've opened an other interface within the command line it
self E.G android "ADB shell" interface,
in that case you still able to paste following these steps":
In the command interface press ALT plus space bar , then the letter "E"
select the edit operation you want to do like select all, copy, and
paste, ETC, from that sub menu and hit inter.
Done
Take care.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I’ve not experienced this. I somehow remember it wasn’t always a thing, but I’m certainly glad to be able to paste to command prompt nowadays.

I came across a great Windows keyboard command on-line…

This will be useful for working with music files, like making a playlist, but sometimes I hate those browse boxes when it does not open into the folder where the file is, and you have to back out and find the folder where you are wanting to open or attach a file.

So when you have the folder open and you are on top of the file, do the following:

Shift + applications key

Then press the letter A.

This will put the entire path and file name into the clipboard, ready for pasting into that browse field.

This works with or without a screenreader.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436

Cell: 402 992 0325

Welcome | NCBVI

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes as it makes the address space highlighted and copies it. there is also a small utility to do much the same in a context menu I recall.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I came across a great Windows keyboard command on-line...
This will be useful for working with music files, like making a playlist, but sometimes I hate those browse boxes when it does not open into the folder where the file is, and you have to back out and find the folder where you are wanting to open or attach a file.
So when you have the folder open and you are on top of the file, do the following:
Shift + applications key
Then press the letter A.
This will put the entire path and file name into the clipboard, ready for pasting into that browse field.
This works with or without a screenreader.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin Orientation Counselor II
Norfolk Nebraska
402 370 3436
Cell: 402 992 0325
[NCBVI"AJC Email Logo]<../../../../Documents/NCBVI%22AJC%20Email%20Logo.png>
Welcome | NCBVI<https://ncbvi.nebraska.gov/>