Topics

problem with thunderbird

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

Recently when I tried to reply to messages in thunderbird, I'd get a message like "no previous heading" or something like that. I don't know why that happens because I hit control R which is the reply command. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm using outlook to write this message but I actually like thunderbird much better.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

norman <lists@...>

Hi.

Let me make sure i have the steps down correctly.

You read a message and wish to reply to it so you hit control r.

You start typing and it seems like your screen reader is trying to navigate a webpage, for example by heading if you press h.

If this is the case Just hit shift tab to go to the subject and then tab again to go back to the message body.

You should be able to type now.

I have had this happen to me as well and i would guess that the screen reader is not correctly recognizing the window type.

For me it is not consistent and i can't reproduce at will but if someone can maybe a bug report would be helpful?

Hi, everyone,

Recently when I tried to reply to messages in thunderbird, I'd get a message like "no previous heading" or something like that. I don't know why that happens because I hit control R which is the reply command. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm using outlook to write this message but I actually like thunderbird much better.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Norman,

You got the steps correct. I'll give thunderbird another try and see what
happens. Thanks for your reply.

Rosemarie

[...]

The other problem I'm having is that when I get a message back that's from me, I don't hear my name read out. There's definitely something wrong with thunderbird.

Rosemarie

On 5/9/2016 4:41 PM, Norman wrote:

[...]

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Rosemary!

I would assume that this happened every time you sent a reply and the new inbox does not reads your name. Am I correct? But, you can check it or try to press the tab till you land in the first column of the senders name then, nvda will reads the name where it came from.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rosemarie,

Ever since the sub group was created for this list, when I send a message to this list, in my filtered inbox, what I see for my name is: "main.Techtalk@groups.io.  Carlos says my name is listed to others, but for some reason, since this change to the group configuration, I don't see my own name on my messages to this list.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Ron,

That's exactly what happens to me too. That's why I'm using outlook now.

"main.Techtalk@groups.io <mailto:main.Techtalk@groups.io> . Carlos says my
[...]

Hello, Ron and Rosemary,

This was happened from the time Thunderbird released the newer version.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Hello, Robert,

That's unfortunate. Thunderbird used to be pretty good. I wonder if
seamonkey would work.

Rosemarie

<mailto:main.Techtalk@groups.io> <mailto:main.Techtalk@groups.io> . Carlos
[...]

Hello, Rosemary!

Yes, you are correct. But, not sure if this will be the same with the SeaMonkey, and haven't try that email before. But, more or less Thunderbird is likely a more user-friendly indeed and at the same time it was open source apps as well.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Hi Group,

I sent the response to the wrong list.  Sorry for the confusion.

On 5/9/2016 8:40 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

I only see the Thunderbird issue on the Tech Talk list--not on this list.  I am sorry again for the confusion.

[...]

Jeffrey Shockley

Hi,
I was just reading this thread.
What you are seeing is not Thunderbird’s fault, it’s a change in the way gMail processes messages, I’m thinking. I’m seeing this with other clients as well. So, what is happening is your name isn’t showing up in the “from” field when you are receiving your messages, therefore, it is causing your filters and such to break possibly.
 However, when others receive your E-Mails, your name will show up to them. Actually, if you wanted to, if you checked the message source and all that, you would more than likely see your name in the “from” field even on messages you do receive.
I hope this helps,
Jeffrey
On May 9, 2016, at 8:58 PM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:

[...]

Sounds like its in some kind of browse mode?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Recently when I tried to reply to messages in thunderbird, I'd get a message
like "no previous heading" or something like that. I don't know why that
happens because I hit control R which is the reply command. Any help with
this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm using outlook to write this
message but I actually like thunderbird much better.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Can the software display messages in plain text so the buffer is not created.

[...]

Sounds like a downdate is called for, which I have had to do on Firefox as I reported the other day,47 is badly broken for single core processors and navigational sounds add on won't work at all.
[...]

For some reason, screen-readers may see this as a window that requires browse mode.  When I tried Thunderbird a few years ago, I believe I turned off browse mode before writing or editing.  Evidently, this isn't always necessary and someone gave another work around.  If it's reliable, it wouldn't matter to any extent which is used.

> Recently when I tried to reply to messages in thunderbird, I'd get a
> message
> like "no previous heading" or something like that. I don't know why that
> happens because I hit control R which is the reply command. Any help with
> this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'm using outlook to write this
> message but I actually like thunderbird much better.
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie

Lino Morales

Well I'm having no problems with Thunderbird here and I'm running V 45.0