Dictation Bridge does not appear under Tools

Mel Thatcher

Windows 10.  NVDA 2018

I am trying to get Dictation Bridge working with Windows Speech Recognition following the instructions at https://github.com/dictationbridge/dictationbridge-docs/blob/master/dictationBridge.md.

I have installed the Dictation Bridge addon and the WSR Macro.  Manage Addons says that Dictation Bridge is running, but when I click on Tools there is no Dictation Bridge option for going the next step of copying dictationBridge.WSRMac.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Mel

Mel Thatcher

Is this the cause of my problem:

When I reboot NVDA to complete installing Dictation Bridge, I get the following security alert:  "C: . . . \dictationbridgemaster 32.dll" containing the pattern of 'ADWARE/ELEX.qmfva' was blocked.  We moved the file to quarantine.

I downloaded a second copy of the DB addon file and go the same result.  Where can I download a clean installation file?

Stupid windows defender is targeting the blind again.

You will need to clear all the history of files, then turn off windows defender, then install the addon, then exclude the dll.

Unless ofcause it is actually true.

On 20/03/2018 10:13 a.m., Mel Thatcher via Groups.Io wrote:
Is this the cause of my problem:

When I reboot NVDA to complete installing Dictation Bridge, I get the following security alert:  "C: . . . \dictationbridgemaster 32.dll" containing the pattern of 'ADWARE/ELEX.qmfva' was blocked.  We moved the file to quarantine.

I downloaded a second copy of the DB addon file and go the same result.  Where can I download a clean installation file?

Gene

You don't need a clean installation file.  What antivirus and antimalware programs are you using?  Some programs won't install unless the protection is turned off.  or, in the case of a false positive, you need to exclude the program from being scanned by the program that is causing the problem.  This is an important thing to know how to do and everyone who uses antimalware programs needs to know how to stop protection so they can install programs that tell the user this needs to be done, and how to stop a program from being checked.  I had to turn off protection to install a certain scannewr and the scanner instructions said to do so.

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dictation Bridge does not appear under Tools

Is this the cause of my problem:

When I reboot NVDA to complete installing Dictation Bridge, I get the following security alert:  "C: . . . \dictationbridgemaster 32.dll" containing the pattern of 'ADWARE/ELEX.qmfva' was blocked.  We moved the file to quarantine.

I downloaded a second copy of the DB addon file and go the same result.  Where can I download a clean installation file?

Mel Thatcher

Using Avira.  I will turn it off and try again.

Thanks,

Mel