IntelliJ Idea and PyCharm with NVDA

Tony Malykh

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if these two IDEs are accessible with NVDA? I've heard on another mailing list that they are somewhat accessible, but when I tried to run IntelliJ Idea,, it brings me to "Welcome to IntelliJ Idea", and this window appears to be empty, NVDA doesn't see any control elements or menus. If someone figured out a way to make either of them accessible, please let me know.

I'm using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1. I enabled java access bridge both in control panel and IntelliJ Idea's JRE from the command line with not much luck.

Thanks

Tony

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Which Java version are you running?  Do you have Java's windows access bridge enabled?  I am using Android studio which is based on the free version of IntilleJ with a fair amount of success, though accessibility could be better.  Only NVDA will work propperly with IntelliJ, though I'm not sure about the other IDE.  Cheers!

On 17/3/2018 7:23 AM, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if these two IDEs are accessible with NVDA? I've heard on another mailing list that they are somewhat accessible, but when I tried to run IntelliJ Idea,, it brings me to "Welcome to IntelliJ Idea", and this window appears to be empty, NVDA doesn't see any control elements or menus. If someone figured out a way to make either of them accessible, please let me know.

I'm using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1. I enabled java access bridge both in control panel and IntelliJ Idea's JRE from the command line with not much luck.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Malykh

Intellij Idea comes with its own version of java:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition 2017.3.3\jre64\bin>java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_152-release"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_152-release-1024-b11)

Yes, I enabled jaba access bridge both in control panel and in command line (jabswitch).

On 3/16/2018 4:34 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

[...]

Hi. tried with both Jaws and Nvda.  No go.  Try Android studio or eclipse instead.  Cheers!

On 3/17/2018 8:35 AM, Tony Malykh wrote:
[...]

Bogdan Onyshenko

Hi everyone! I think I have a reason to come back to this topic. I managed to get to work PHPstorm with NVDA. Latest stable version, but i ran into a problem. After entering line of code if autocomplission is on NVDA doesn't read code if I am navigating around it with a cursor before I press ALT+Tab and focusing on an other window. After that I have to return to IDE's Window and then it works normaly before I enter somethin else. Since storm based on Intelij idea, I thought meybe someone had a same issue? If so did you managed to solve it somehow? Thank in Advance.