accessing links in a Kindle book with the Kindle app and NVDA

Mary Otten

Thanks. I was hoping that if I went to full screen mode with F11 from within a book, it would take everything off the screen and then maybe tab would work to cycle around with links. But no. It doesn’t. I don’t understand why they had to make tab what they did. It’s really a pain. I appreciate being able to move out of the book to the table of contents with a keystroke. But if they insisted on making a tab, they should at least have something else that lets you find a link.
Mary

On Mar 17, 2018, at 4:10 PM, ely.r@comcast.net wrote:

Mary,
Here is a link to a list of key commands for the Amazon Kindle running on a PC. Did not see just what you were looking for, but there may be something you can use.
Rick
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201246000

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant
451 Rocky Hill Road
Florence, MA 01062
&413() 727-3038

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 8:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessing links in a Kindle book with the KIndle app and NVDA

I am a big fan of cookbooks, and they often have lots of links to the various recipes. But you can't just start tabbing when you are in a Kindle book, because the first tab takes you out of the text and into the table of contents. Very nice, but not when you want to see links. So how to see links?

Mary

ely.r@...