Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>
 

Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.


Christo de Klerk
 

I am using Firefox 59 with the latest Master snapshot of NVDA and am not experiencing any problems with it at all. In fact, I have returned to the Fox again after spending some months with Chrome.

Regards

Christo

On 2018/03/23 2:01 PM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




Brian Moore
 

Hi.  I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




Clare Page <clare.page@...>
 

Hi!
I currently use Firefox 59 with NVDA 2018.1 on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer with no problems, after several months of using Firefox 52 ESR.
Is it possible that Firefox Quantum doesn't work well with 32-bit Windows? Just a thought! I'm not tech-savvy enough to answer my question, I admit that.
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:33
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

I am using Firefox 59 with the latest Master snapshot of NVDA and am not experiencing any problems with it at all. In fact, I have returned to the Fox again after spending some months with Chrome.

Regards

Christo


On 2018/03/23 2:01 PM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





Gerardo Corripio
 

I too am using Firefox59 with NVDA2018.1, but the thing is when a file is finished downloading, I no longer hear the sound that let's me know of this, when before with Firefox 56 I would.

El 23/03/2018 a las 06:47 a.m., Brian Moore escribió:
Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird


Clare Page <clare.page@...>
 

Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59, Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before, namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





 

hi walmier
did you use firefox 56 without any problem?
i wish that know the percentage of accessibility of firefox 56 with nvda.
does it work without any issues?

On 3/23/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59,
Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the
downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at
the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before,
namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its
source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in
Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the
NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars
myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.










--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>
 

Yes, 56 was the last version I used successfully.



Em 23/03/2018 10:51, zahra escreveu:

hi walmier
did you use firefox 56 without any problem?
i wish that know the percentage of accessibility of firefox 56 with nvda.
does it work without any issues?


On 3/23/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59,
Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the
downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at
the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before,
namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its
source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in
Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the
NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars
myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.










Roger Stewart
 

Yes, I get progress beeps again.  They were gone in 58 and I couldn't up or down arrow in that downloads list at all, but all is good again in 59.

Roger

On 3/23/2018 8:03 AM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59, Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before, namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.








.


Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Walmir,


Using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1, I have never had any such issues. I am on Firefox 59.01--the latest version and everything is great.  I am wondering if your Windows 7 is the basic 7 or service pack1.  If you have been following this list at all, you will see that NVDA 2018.1 will no longer support any system earlier than Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

On 3/23/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Clare,


I also have a Windows 7 32 bit service pack 1 system and Firefox works fine on that  with NVDA 2018.1system.

On 3/23/2018 8:56 AM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
I currently use Firefox 59 with NVDA 2018.1 on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer with no problems, after several months of using Firefox 52 ESR.
Is it possible that Firefox Quantum doesn't work well with 32-bit Windows? Just a thought! I'm not tech-savvy enough to answer my question, I admit that.
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christo de Klerk
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:33
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

I am using Firefox 59 with the latest Master snapshot of NVDA and am not experiencing any problems with it at all. In fact, I have returned to the Fox again after spending some months with Chrome.

Regards

Christo


On 2018/03/23 2:01 PM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.








--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


 

Well no, I do think we should keep pushing firefox to do better, the break through build is 2.6 or there abouts.

I just don't care for the inaccessibility of some of the way addons are structured now, noscript is one of the things.

And the sounds ofcause.

Waterfox works for me, and if they update to their own brouser its still going to use the older structure, an updated addon store, etc, some of the older addons, noscripts etc will no longer be updated anymore, so no more addon updates ever, but then again, most of the protection is there and will work for ages at any rate.

On 24/03/2018 1:01 a.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




.


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

52esr is the most up to date of the old design.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Yes, 56 was the last version I used successfully.



Em 23/03/2018 10:51, zahra escreveu:
hi walmier
did you use firefox 56 without any problem?
i wish that know the percentage of accessibility of firefox 56 with nvda.
does it work without any issues?


On 3/23/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59,
Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the
downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at
the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before,
namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its
source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in
Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the
NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars
myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.











Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well, unless you have a problem, 59 is a heck of a lot more accessible than 57 was. I'd be interested as a 7 user, what your issues are. I have 58 here portable and it seems to mostly work, except for the download window.
Could it be that something is wrong with your machines registry?
I to use 52 esr, but only because of the download issue and lack of system sound ability for events in the new system.


Its my choice. Many are using Waterfox , but not tried that one yet, I'd hate to go down that road and then find they switch to the quantum engine as well.If its any consolation I have friends with Supernova and Jaws who are finding Firefox almost unusable.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io" <wsautodidata=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 12:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Yes same here, which is why I'm back on 52.
This needs sorting. However all the devs will be back from their jolly to America soon.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Moore" <bmoore@screenreview.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Thank you yes as I said at the start of this, not allowing navigational sounds is a big minus for me along with the lack of download window access. has anyone filed a issue on the github for the window issue? Fixing this would go a long way to fixing the problem, but ideally if Mozilla put in optional system sounds for events that would also be a great thing to have, so some kind of issue on the Firefox site would be good to point this omission out.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerardo Corripio" <gera1027@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


I too am using Firefox59 with NVDA2018.1, but the thing is when a file is finished downloading, I no longer hear the sound that let's me know of this, when before with Firefox 56 I would.


El 23/03/2018 a las 06:47 a.m., Brian Moore escribió:
Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird



Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well thee are atleast two of us here with non speaking download windows using windows 764, so there has to be a reason for it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clare Page" <clare.page@wanadoo.fr>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59, Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before, namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.





Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

It has issues in that the focus at the start is not on the window with the page in it, apart from that its OK.
I do believe though that for xp its 52 and for xp on amd processors its 48.
The latter being not maintained for security updates.
Waterfox is 64 bit only. SeaMonkey older versions seem to work on xp, but not tried any recent ones.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


hi walmier
did you use firefox 56 without any problem?
i wish that know the percentage of accessibility of firefox 56 with nvda.
does it work without any issues?


On 3/23/18, Clare Page <clare.page@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59,
Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the
downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at
the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before,
namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its
source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in
Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the
NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars
myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.


Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.


Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.











--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

I don't think I've ever seen a windows 7 machine without sp1 for an age now.
My feeling is that there are some flaky problems still there on the download page display, but I'm not sure quite why, unless its UI level related. I'm not sure what windows 7 supports and how this relates to firefox generally.
I have mostly taken the decision to not use 10 on any machine I rely on to just work, due to Microsofts tendency to move the goalposts every 6 months.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Hi Walmir,


Using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1, I have never had any such issues. I am on Firefox 59.01--the latest version and everything is great. I am wondering if your Windows 7 is the basic 7 or service pack1. If you have been following this list at all, you will see that NVDA 2018.1 will no longer support any system earlier than Windows 7 Service Pack 1.




On 3/23/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"



Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

So what would you say are the main differences between firefox and waterfox for the user?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?


Well no, I do think we should keep pushing firefox to do better, the break through build is 2.6 or there abouts.

I just don't care for the inaccessibility of some of the way addons are structured now, noscript is one of the things.

And the sounds ofcause.

Waterfox works for me, and if they update to their own brouser its still going to use the older structure, an updated addon store, etc, some of the older addons, noscripts etc will no longer be updated anymore, so no more addon updates ever, but then again, most of the protection is there and will work for ages at any rate.




On 24/03/2018 1:01 a.m., Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.




.