Topics

an add-on for visual studio is under development testing and feedback

mohammad suliman

hello all,
I am currently developing an add-on for visual studio to resolve accessibility issues in some parts of the IDE's UI.
for all who might be interested, I want to know which parts of the UI do you find problematic and need further enhancements?? especially, if someone has used VS with jaws and he/she knows in which areas NVDA needs enhancements it will be great to hear from him /her.
here is the link for the git repo of the add-on
https://github.com/mohammad-suliman/visualStudioAddon
you can find info there of what I have done so far.
i fixed the problem of NVDA not reading the content of the debug windows. and made some improvements to intelliSinse. more info on the github page.
to test the add-on, you can clone the repo and build the add-on if you are familiar with add-on development. if not you can get only the file addon/appModules/devenv.py and put it in side your app module of NVDA user directory. if you need more info, just let me know.
I also can put the file on dropbox and share a link to it if that helps.
your feedback and help is so appreciated.
a question for code reviewers on the NVDA add-ons list, do you think that it is a good time to review the add-on now? if you think so, please feel free to do that.
I of course will be delighted to hear your tips, but I don't want you to do the review several times. the code still in the alpha cycle.
thanks,
Mohammad

Jacob Kruger

Will play around with it, and, it does already seem to improve things like intellisense, new project dialogue, etc.

Would it make a difference that the two versions of python have installed on this machine are 3.4 and 3.5.1?

Shouldn't, but, FWIW, think current version of system environment variable %path% points to 3.5.1, but anyway.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"

[...]

hello Jacob,
not an expert in this area, but think it doesn't, because, addons can be executed without installing python at the system at all.
regarding the new project dialog, haven't played with that, if issues have been fixed somehow, great. if not, what are the problems there.
please let me know if you have other suggestions.
thanks,
Mohammad

----- Original Message ----- From: "mohammad suliman" <mohmad.s93@...>
[...]

Primary issue come across - at times, and not sure why/when, etc. is that, for example, when fired up VS.Net 2015 community now, it seems to get stuck on something unresponsive - can read whole window, but, can't really get it to do much, and if switch to screen review mode, it just tells me top-bottom, etc.

But, when then closed it, and fired it up again, it's now cooperating.

Other minor issue is that menu items with sub-menu's don't tell you about that - file menu, just reads new, until you use the right arrow key to open that sub-menu.

The new project dialogue now seems to be cooperating, so maybe this is all related to same way main part of interface seems to be unresponsive at times - maybe there's some form of a notification shade hovering in front of rest of it, or something.

[...]

Jacob, is this issue present with jaws?
regarding the issue of the menus you mentioned, fixed in latest commit .
thanks,
Mohammad