Something strange in Firefox

Arnþór Helgason <arnthor.helgason@...>

Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Robert Mendoza

Firefox has the same command key that you've used with other browsers. Yes, it was correct combination keys that you've used. But, alternatively, you may used to press F6 instead and copy the address that you wants but before, pasting it to the address bar make sure you've check as well if you copied the direct URL address by reviewing and pressing the nvda plus C from your clipboard. In this way, you can ensure that you copied correctly the address before pasting it

Robert Mendoza
On 5/13/2016 6:26 PM, Arnþór Helgason wrote:

Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Gene

Try alt l to move to the address bar.  Also, look in the view menu and if necessary the appropriate submenu to see which tool bars are enabled.

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] Something strange in Firefox

Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Rui Fontes

Alt+L? It is not Ctrl+L?
At least in portuguese is Ctrl+L...

Rui

Try alt l to move to the address bar. Also, look in the view menu and if
necessary the appropriate submenu to see which tool bars are enabled.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Gene

I meant control l.  Sorry about the error.  I suggested it because control d moves you to the address bar.  Control l may function differently, causing the address bar to appear and moving to it.  You can see if that is the case or not.  I also said to check settings for tool bars because if the address bar is set not to be shown, setting it to be shown should allow you to use control d again.

I just checked and I don't see anything that appears to refer to the address bar.  I haven't experimented enough to be sure.  See what control l does, if anything.  You can look for and experiment with settings but the address bar is likely not supposed to be able to be turned off.  Maybe, as happens so often, Mozilla, trying to be Chrome, has broken something in its frantic update schedule, just as Chrome does off and on.

Try alt l to move to the address bar.  Also, look in the view menu and if
necessary the appropriate submenu to see which tool bars are enabled.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Hmm. I use CTRL plus L

On 5/13/2016 6:26 AM, Arnþór Helgason wrote:
Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Chris

its F6

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Gene

F6 is one way but it won't help if the address bar is not being displayed.  There is more than one way to move to the address bar.  I know three.

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:26 AM

Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Arnþór Helgason <arnthor.helgason@...>

Thank you very much. I should have remembered this but my memory seems to be worse than before.

Regards,
Arnthor

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi CTRL + L will do the trick

Gene nz

On 13-May-16 10:26 PM, Arnþór Helgason wrote:
Good morning from sunny Iceland.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the
url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new
document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this
command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Brian's Mail list account

Is this 47 again. I had to reinstall 46 a couple of weeks ago and turn off updates as for a staart it was much slower on single core systems and some add ons stopped working correctly, such as navigational sounds
I think this new version has some serious bugs to be ironed out, myself, as it also kept failing to go the pages the first time it was told complaining it was not foundd.
Obviviously I no longer have it, so cannot comment if this is yet another issue, but I've had no problems since going back.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Brian's Mail list account

I use F6 myself, but in 47 it only worked sometimes, ie the paste seemed to work, but it still remembered the old address instead.
I'd forgotten about this till you mentioned the other key combination, so this is yet another strange thing in 47 then. I have since tried to figure out what is different and it looks to me that the new version is supposedly optimised for multi core systems, and maybe, just maybe, this use of cores has broken some features that have to happen before others do, meaning old data is preserved under certain conditions. It would explain the sound issue and the intermittent page finding and address amnesia if these things do not get passed back and forth in the correct sequence.

Brian just pondering.
[...]

Just to clarify. The address bar is displayed when this problem occurs. Everything seems to be as it used to be, but when you paste or type in something it ignores it and goes back as it was before or complains the page cannot be found. Its not all the time, but enough to be irritating and with the other foibles of 47, I decided that my life was easier with an earlier version, so I over the top installed 46 and the problems including the no sound issue went away. I then stopped updates.
[...]

Perhaps this is just one more example of frenetically updating with insufficient testing.  Maybe Firefox should try harder to be firefox and not try so hard to mimic Chrome as far as updates are concerned.  Chrome breaks things off and on by the same insistence on updating according to a rigid schedule whether the updates are important or not.

F6 is one way but it won't help if the address bar is not being displayed.
There is more than one way to move to the address bar.  I know three.

Try alt l to move to the address bar.  Also, look in the view menu and if
necessary the appropriate submenu to see which tool bars are enabled.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Ejaz Shah

I don't think Firefox 47 is released yet. Current release version is 46.0.1.

On 5/14/2016 12:41 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Is this 47 again. I had to reinstall 46 a couple of weeks ago and turn off updates as for a staart it was much slower on single core systems and some add ons stopped working correctly, such as navigational sounds
I think this new version has some serious bugs to be ironed out, myself, as it also kept failing to go the pages the first time it was told complaining it was not foundd.
Obviviously I no longer have it, so cannot comment if this is yet another issue, but I've had no problems since going back.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Arnþór Helgason" <arnthor.helgason@...>
After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

Ron Canazzi

Hi Brian,

I have seen a number of references to Firefox 47.  I am running 46 now and I have updates set to automatic.  I wonder is this 47 a beta of some sort?  Maybe that's why people are having difficulties.  I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. Maybe the 47 is for 32 bit???

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Chris

or maybe its inexperience of using pre-release builds or nightly builds or whatever they call them nowadays

stick with the oficial releases if you want to avoid these issues or if you iist on installing pre-release/betas/nightly builds then install to another directory

or use the official channels to report bugs they may be more help to you than we could ever be here.

good luck

[...]

hi.
i offer you that press application key and then select copy link
location and peist it.
could you please give me the email address of mozilla support?
i tried and search, but could not find it.
thanks and god bless you.

_____

F6 is one way but it won't help if the address bar is not being displayed.
There is more than one way to move to the address bar. I know three.

Try alt l to move to the address bar. Also, look in the view menu and if
necessary the appropriate submenu to see which tool bars are enabled.

After the most recent updates I have found it impossible to copy the url
of a homepage when I want to include the relevant address in a new
document.

Previously I used the command alt+d, but it doesn't work anymore in
Firefox. However Internet Explorer and GoogleChrome still have this
command.

Any advice?

Best regards,

Arnthor Helgason

Phone: +354 8973766

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

It is a beta as far as I know.

On 15/05/2016 12:40 a.m., Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

I may need to go back further than 46, as quite a few times recently a page has been unavailable try again.
On IE 11 this does not occur.