accessible spreadsheet program using NVDA

Dan Beaver

Does anyone know of an accessible spreadsheet program that will work with NVDA? I have office 2010 but it says I have installed it on all the PCS allowed and I can't install it again. I'd really rather not have to purchase another version with the cost of those versions.

I basically need a spreadsheet program that will allow me to export the data into a CSV(comma separated values) file so that someone I am working with can import it into EXCEL.

If anyone knows of such a thing that is freeware it would be even better but I can go for a small price.

I am running windows 10 and the latest non-snapshot NVDA.

Dan Beaver.

Dan,

         Are all of those PCs still in existence and still running MS-Excel (or the MS-Office suite) on them?  Most licenses allow you to have some set number of machines that are currently operational running the software you've licensed.  If any of those has died, had MS-Office uninstalled, or been taken out of commission and gathering dust somewhere you can request that Microsoft re-activate the number of licenses that match the number of "no longer operational" machines.

         You could probably call Microsoft's Disability Services to get assistance with this if your situation matches what I've mentioned above.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky

hi!
you can use libreoffice without need to purchase!
its open source and accessible.
there website is

www.libreoffice.org

thanks for asking and god bless you.

Dan,

         Are all of those PCs still in existence and still running MS-Excel
(or the MS-Office suite) on them?  Most licenses allow you to have some set
number of machines that are currently operational running the software
you've licensed.  If any of those has died, had MS-Office uninstalled, or
been taken out of commission and gathering dust somewhere you can request
that Microsoft re-activate the number of licenses that match the number of
"no longer operational" machines.

         You could probably call Microsoft's Disability Services to get
assistance with this if your situation matches what I've mentioned above.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Dan,

What about open office? It's free.

Rosemarie

Does anyone know of an accessible spreadsheet program that will work with NVDA? I have office 2010 but it says I have installed it on all the PCS allowed and I can't install it again. I'd really rather not have to purchase another version with the cost of those versions.

I basically need a spreadsheet program that will allow me to export the data into a CSV(comma separated values) file so that someone I am working with can import it into EXCEL.

If anyone knows of such a thing that is freeware it would be even better but I can go for a small price.

I am running windows 10 and the latest non-snapshot NVDA.

Dan Beaver.

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Hi dan libreoffice is a really good program.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 5/14/2016 11:15 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Does anyone know of an accessible spreadsheet program that will work with NVDA? I have office 2010 but it says I have installed it on all the PCS allowed and I can't install it again. I'd really rather not have to purchase another version with the cost of those versions.

I basically need a spreadsheet program that will allow me to export the data into a CSV(comma separated values) file so that someone I am working with can import it into EXCEL.

If anyone knows of such a thing that is freeware it would be even better but I can go for a small price.

I am running windows 10 and the latest non-snapshot NVDA.

Dan Beaver.

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I thought OpenOffice required the use of Java accessibility bridge. Is this not the case now? I have avoided Java bridge due to the security issues with Java itself.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Hi, Dan,

What about open office? It's free.

Rosemarie

Does anyone know of an accessible spreadsheet program that will work with NVDA? I have office 2010 but it says I have installed it on all the PCS allowed and I can't install it again. I'd really rather not have to purchase another version with the cost of those versions.

I basically need a spreadsheet program that will allow me to export the data into a CSV(comma separated values) file so that someone I am working with can import it into EXCEL.

If anyone knows of such a thing that is freeware it would be even better but I can go for a small price.

I am running windows 10 and the latest non-snapshot NVDA.

Dan Beaver.

Dan Beaver

I have been trying to use Libreoffice and have found that spreadsheets are not that accessible. I can't read the contents of cells without hittingh f2 and putting the cell in edit mode. I wouldn't exactly call that accessible. There are other accessibility issues too but I'll not go through all of them at this time.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/14/2016 1:48 PM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

No libreoffice is now accessible. It does not require the java access bridge.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 5/14/2016 8:35 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
[...]

Have you tried openoffice?

Kenny Peyatt jr.

On 5/14/2016 8:39 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
[...]

hi again.
libreoffice since version 4.3.0 became accessible and also openoffice
became accessible since version 4.1.0 without need to install java
access briedge.
if you install libreoffice 4.4 or 5.1 you even dont need to press f2
to read the content of your spredsheet.
f2 is only for editing and you can read the content by arrow keys.

On 5/15/16, Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...> wrote:
[...]

Mr. Wong Chi Wai <cwwong.pro@...>

Why not use google docs.

Dan Beaver

Hi,

Ok, I am not sure what I was doing wrong before but Libreoffice is now reading the contents of cells but only if the cell has content in it.

The other pressing issue I am having is that I still can't find a way to have NVDA announce the cell coordinates(the row and column) automatically. I'd like to have this done as I move from cell to cell.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/15/2016 2:49 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

Peter Beasley

In the documemt formatting section of the NVDA menu, make sure that announce cell co-ordinates is checked.