microsoft turn round on skype

Hi all.

Today I recieved a skype update.

I was surprised I thought ms had abandond skype 7.

But no, aparently not.

If you download skype select the tablet tab and you can get classic skype.

I updated from skype itself, and I still had skype classic.

What this means, is interesting in itself.

We can choose classic again, I do wander if people complained to ms a lot and they finally saw reason.

For me it means at least for the short term till ms decides to plonk skype classic yet again I can continue to work with skype classic on win7 and maybe on 10.

I am not apposed to updating skype, but skype7 is accessible, and I have been using it for ages.

Bar the occasional calls and such there are a lot of things skype 8 and uaps are missing.

Maybe its the big improvement ms is making with skype, and maybe they realise they are not there yet.

Fact is, skype just got an update dispite what they said about an insecure installer.

That for me at least for now means progress.

Eventually I will probably get a smartphone maybe an ios device, the fact is I will have loads of uses for other forms of communication.

If skype gets to rubbish, I may simply close down skype entirely.

My ms account's main focus is mainly for knfb reader but to be hones bar the apps I purchaced there is little keeping me and microsoft online friends at all.

It used to be music, music, apps, skype.

Now its just some apps and with the apps being well who knows, and no music, there is just 1 app I brought, and skype.

Hardly any of my contacts talk on skype with me anymore bar the nvda dev group, and if it gets to hairy I will get rid of that group, there were also test groups about to for different things but I will now try to find nonskype things to do the tests with.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Well the new version of Skype Classic is not available on the site. It took me to the 8.1 download page. So don’t get too comfortable Seany boy.

Lino Morales

[...]

inamuddinInam Uddin

Yes dear it has updated and you will download it by clicking:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

If you cannot do it, why not you refresh your browser!

HTH

Charlsdarwin1

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

[...]

you need to select tablet tab and you can get classic skype from there.

or

https://get.skype.com/go/getskype-windows

I was able to get the full setup today, it appears the stub is available here for it.

On 27/03/2018 2:07 p.m., Lino Morales wrote:
[...]

Lenron

To the people that shared skype full classic yall are awesome

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Brian's Mail list account

I have a feeling a lot of people got into contact with Microsoft who used Skype 7 as an accessible program for blind who were employed, and think of the scandal if the news hit the streets that blind people put out of Work by crazy Microsoft decision?

Not good on the brownie points and probably not much help for those working in government departments using it if blind as well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Well the issue aparently was in its installer.

So ms seems to have fixed it and lets hope classic skype continues for some time yet even if it never changes, even if its never updated I can take that.

In fact unless its needed we as blind people really don't need skype updated anyway for what we use it for.

On 28/03/2018 3:18 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I have a feeling a lot of people got into contact with Microsoft who used Skype 7 as an accessible program for blind who were employed, and think of the scandal if the news hit the streets that blind people put out of Work by crazy Microsoft decision?

Not good on the brownie points and probably not much help for those working in government departments using it if blind as well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>
[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Or we could also learn to use the app version if using windows 10 or the web version which seems pretty accessible so far. As long as you install the plug in for the web browser.

Gene nz