Advisory: if upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1803, NVDA 2018.1.1 is required

Hi everyone,

The following advisory is rated “major” due to high impact:

Toward end of development for Windows 10 Version 1803, Microsoft changed a critical component in Windows OneCore speech synthesizer (specifically, bitrate). This causes OneCore synthesizer to sound a bit funny, including higher pitch. NV Access has just released a release candidate for NVDA 2018.1.1 which will correct this problem. Because of this, you need to be running 2018.1.1 for best experience with Windows 10 Version 1803.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Jospeh

Afik Suffir <afik.sofir@...>

Thanks Joseph
I have regestered to windows insider program, and selected fast updates. But, there are no updates at all. What can i do?

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

‫ב-28 במרץ 2018, בשעה 4:53, ‏‏Joseph Lee ‏<joseph.lee22590@...> כתב/ה:‬

Hi everyone,

The following advisory is rated “major” due to high impact:

Toward end of development for Windows 10 Version 1803, Microsoft changed a critical component in Windows OneCore speech synthesizer (specifically, bitrate). This causes OneCore synthesizer to sound a bit funny, including higher pitch. NV Access has just released a release candidate for NVDA 2018.1.1 which will correct this problem. Because of this, you need to be running 2018.1.1 for best experience with Windows 10 Version 1803.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Jospeh

Hi,

Which build of Windows 10 do you have right now?

Cheers,

[...]

1709

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

‫ב-28 במרץ 2018, בשעה 5:10, ‏‏Joseph Lee ‏<joseph.lee22590@...> כתב/ה:‬

[...]

So, what should i do now?

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

‫ב-28 במרץ 2018, בשעה 5:20, ‏‏Joseph Lee ‏<joseph.lee22590@...> כתב/ה:‬

Hi,

I see.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

At this point, I advise contacting MS disability answer desk regarding this matter.

Cheers,

Joseph