Topics

nvda and edge

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I am trying edge with the latest January 1 update and windows 10.  When I was reading the in process newsletter edge would repeat what was just read.  Is this normal or do I need to change a setting?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Garry,

I just tried reading the in process with NVDA and Edge and I encountered no problem.

Could you describe what you are doing and when the problem occurs?

Did you try reading other web sites?

Best

Sylvie

Le 29/03/2018 à 18:56, Gary Metzler a écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying edge with the latest January 1 update and windows 10.  When I was reading the in process newsletter edge would repeat what was just read.  Is this normal or do I need to change a setting?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Gary Metzler

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for getting back to me.  Here is what I did.  I went to the link in the e mail and opened the web page.  I then used the h command to go to the in process heading.  I then used the say all command to read the newsletter.  When it got to the bulleted list is where it started repeating.  I hope this is clear.  Thanks again for your response.

I just tried reading the in process with NVDA and Edge and I encountered no problem.

Could you describe what you are doing and when the problem occurs?

Did you try reading other web sites?

Best

Sylvie

Le 29/03/2018 à 18:56, Gary Metzler a écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying edge with the latest January 1 update and windows 10.  When I was reading the in process newsletter edge would repeat what was just read.  Is this normal or do I need to change a setting?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Jonathan COHN

What keys were you using to read the bulleted list? Read all, extended arrow or numeric keypad arrows. (or perhaps (i) for going to the next list item.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>
Date: Friday, March 30, 2018 at 9:05 AM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

[...]

Hello Gary,
I just reproduced the steps you described.
I looked for the beginning of the newsletter in pressing the H key.
Then NVDA started reading.
When it came to "heading 3 New Features"
NVDA started to announce there was a list with 7 items.
Nested lists were also read correctly.
So I don't understand what can go wrong with your experience.
Pressing l to reach this list let NVDA read the list, but nothing is repeated.
So I am sorry I cannot help more.
Did you try to restart Edge and / or NVDA?
Have a nice week-end
Sylvie

Le 30/03/2018 à 15:02, Gary Metzler a écrit :

[...]

I was using the regular down arrow key.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>
Date: Friday, March 30, 2018 at 9:05 AM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

[...]

Thank you for looking into this for me.  I will try it again and if it happens again I will do what you suggested.  Thanks again.

I just tried reading the in process with NVDA and Edge and I encountered no problem.

Could you describe what you are doing and when the problem occurs?

Did you try reading other web sites?

Best

Sylvie

Le 29/03/2018 à 18:56, Gary Metzler a écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying edge with the latest January 1 update and windows 10.  When I was reading the in process newsletter edge would repeat what was just read.  Is this normal or do I need to change a setting?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Jonathan COHN

I tried to reproduce also but was unable to get a list of items to read the items twice. I probably should know this but were the list items also links?

I believe that NVDA does on occasion set focus to the location of the browse mode cursor and I am wondering if perhaps that might have caused double speak. I did also try routing the mouse to the list I was viewing and that also did not cause additional speech though I would have expected possibly a bit more speech than I encountered.

I did also notice that at least in some cases if you request the next list in Edge  with the “L” keystroke that NVDA will sometimes read every item in the list. I don’t believe this is the behavior in other browsers.

 that

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>
Date: Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3:51 PM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

Hi Sylvie,

Thank you for looking into this for me.  I will try it again and if it happens again I will do what you suggested.  Thanks again.

I just tried reading the in process with NVDA and Edge and I encountered no problem.

Could you describe what you are doing and when the problem occurs?

Did you try reading other web sites?

Best

Sylvie

Le 29/03/2018 à 18:56, Gary Metzler a écrit :

Hi All,

I am trying edge with the latest January 1 update and windows 10.  When I was reading the in process newsletter edge would repeat what was just read.  Is this normal or do I need to change a setting?  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Send to: gmtravel@...

Gary Metzler

I guess I will have to live with it.