windows live mial 2015

Richard Kuzma

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Antony Stone

I thought 2012 was the last released version of Windows Live Mail?

Antony.

--
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Rosemarie Chavarria

I don't have one.

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Brian's Mail list account

No that was the last one without ribbons. One issue was that after that it tended to become a stub loader so unless somebody has the full version, you cannot install it even if you have the stub as Microsoft no longer will respond to the stub request to download the support files.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I thought 2012 was the last released version of Windows Live Mail?

Antony.

On Saturday 31 March 2018 at 01:56:57, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer
supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich
--
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

Let's be clear on what is wanted.  Do you want a ribbon or a menu version?  There is a version number and a build number.  I think you are asking for an installer by the build number.  I'm not sure what the build number is for the menu installer I have a Drop Box link for.

The menu version I'm using shows the following information in the about dialog:
Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8117.0416

The version being asked for is evidently higher.  But, because I'm not sure just what versions I have links to, let's find out what you want by the design of the program.  That's why I'm asking if you want ribbons or menus.  Even if you can't get the version you want, you should be able to get a suitable version.

>I thought 2012 was the last released version of Windows Live Mail?
>
> Antony.
>
> On Saturday 31 March 2018 at 01:56:57, Richard Kuzma via Groups.Io wrote:
>
>> Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.
>>
>> I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer
>> supported and therefor not available for download from them.
>>
>> Thyanks so much.
>>
>> Rich
>
> --
> Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
>
>                                                   Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                         please *don't* CC
> me.

Gene

I just checked on my Windows 7 machine, which is running a ribbon version.  It is one of the build 2015 series and that build is a ribbon version.  There are different versions in a build.  If you want the 2015 version I have a link for, I can send the link.  But let's be sure if you want a menu or ribbon version, as I said.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Richard Kuzma

Thanks,

I would greatly appreciate the link for the 2015 version, can t seem to find it anywhere else.

Thanks so much

Rich

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Richard Kuzma

Hello,

I download the version from your link and it says it is windows live essentials 2012 version when I install it.

Is there anything newer?

Thanks

Rich

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Gene

Is it the ribbon or the menu version?  As far as I know, that is the link to the ribbon version.  I don't know if anyone has anything newer.

If no one sends anything, you can chedck on other lists.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Gene

I just downloaded the file and checked.  If you open properties of the file, the installer, and look in the versions part of the properties dialog, the following version number is given:
16.4.3528.331

What number are you citing and where do you find it?  Windows Live Mail has a version number and a build number.  I don't know if there is anything newer than the version I uploaded.  I don't remember where I got that version now.  But that should be a ribbon version and, whether it is the newest one, I believe it is one of the last versions released.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Gene

Here is more information:
I just looked at a ribbon version of Windows Live Mail I have on another machine.  In the about dialog, the version number is what looks like a year of release.  The build number looks like what would ordinarily be a version number.  If I look in the properties of the installer itself, what is given as the build number but it's listed as the installer version.  So, while there may be something newer, I ddoubt there is anything much newer.

According to Wikipedia, this is the last release:
2012 (v16.4.3528.0331)