getting the professional version of station playlist studio registered

Tony Ballou

Hi folks,

I purchased station playlist studio and I can't seem to get it
registered I know that you type in the serial number, and the 20 digit
code, but I have having trouble with the station name. No matter what i
type in there I get an error something about an invalid value and to
press escape to which sends me back to the registration screen from that
point that invalid value error message comes up every time I tab around
the screen.   .What should the proper syntax be for the station name?
Hopefully one of you listers can help me sort this out.  Tony

Hi,
Wait, before we continue with this: are you a broadcaster intending to use SPL Studio, or did you buy it because people told you about it? If you are NOT a broadcaster, then please contact StationPlaylist developer (Ross Levis, who is not a member of this list)for chance for a refund, because SPL Studio Pro costs 250 dollars or so. If however, you are indeed a broadcaster, then you need to put in the station name in a plain text format.
An important reminder: just because I or other add-on authors are asking for feedback should not be a reason to purchase expensive software unless you really have to. This is why I did say in the original message I sent a few days ago that I'm seeking feedback from SPL users. At this point, I'm half-tempted to never again ask for feedback on the SPL add-on from this list because someone might purchase an expensive software without being educated as to what it is and its purpose, or for that matter, if one is actually not broadcasting or plan not to use this software as a broadcaster. But given that we have broadcasters on this list who do use this software and the add-on for it, and because not all of them are part of the NVDA-SPL list, I'll ask for wider feedback from time to time but with an important change: I will accept feedback only from broadcasters and other users who are actual users of StationPlaylist Studio, or is interested in using it for broadcasting purposes.
For future reference, the subscription info for NVDA-SPL list is:
nvda-spl+subscribe@nvda-spl.groups.io
Another thing to note: StationPlaylist Studio add-on follows continuous delivery model - same principle as Windows 10 App Essentials add-on. As such, you'll see tons of messages about snapshots (two snapshot levels) on the NVDA-SPL list. Most snapshots are stable, but occasionally an alpha-level build may not work all the way or is filled with experimental features.
Cheers,
Joseph

I purchased station playlist studio and I can't seem to get it registered I know that you type in the serial number, and the 20 digit code, but I have having trouble with the station name. No matter what i type in there I get an error something about an invalid value and to press escape to which sends me back to the registration screen from that point that invalid value error message comes up every time I tab around the screen. .What should the proper syntax be for the station name? Hopefully one of you listers can help me sort this out. Tony

Armando Maldonado

Hello, I do suggest what Joseph said but if you must know, Station name is basically your first and last name, unless you registered it as whatever your station name is when purchasing.
armando

I purchased station playlist studio and I can't seem to get it
registered I know that you type in the serial number, and the 20 digit
code, but I have having trouble with the station name. No matter what i
type in there I get an error something about an invalid value and to
press escape to which sends me back to the registration screen from that
point that invalid value error message comes up every time I tab around
the screen. .What should the proper syntax be for the station name?
Hopefully one of you listers can help me sort this out. Tony

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Not that I use it, but is there a pro and a free version of the software then?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I purchased station playlist studio and I can't seem to get it registered I know that you type in the serial number, and the 20 digit code, but I have having trouble with the station name. No matter what i type in there I get an error something about an invalid value and to press escape to which sends me back to the registration screen from that point that invalid value error message comes up every time I tab around the screen. .What should the proper syntax be for the station name? Hopefully one of you listers can help me sort this out. Tony

Gene

I don't think you should ask for evaluation less for that reason if it means you might not get as valuable information.  You could have a disclaimor about its use and that those who aren't broadcasters shouldn't purchase it but there is a limit to your responsibility for people's actions.  Beyond a certain point, people are responsible for what they do.

Gene