Voice Dream Reader equivalent on PC?

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

I had an inquiry from someone who is familiar with Voice Dream Reader on iOS, and wondered whether there was a similar, accessible program on the PC?  Particularly of interest are features like being able to open it and quickly pick up where a particular title was previously left.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Sam Taylor

Hi Quentin,

You can do this with QRead which supports PDF, EPUB, DOCX and TXT. No Audio file support though. It's my go-to for quick reading of word docs and PDFs if I don't need all formatting preserved. Its tabbed interface supports multiple documents and the software remembers your position.

Cheers

Sam

On 2/04/2018 11:54, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi everyone,

I had an inquiry from someone who is familiar with Voice Dream Reader on iOS, and wondered whether there was a similar, accessible program on the PC?  Particularly of interest are features like being able to open it and quickly pick up where a particular title was previously left.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Fantastic,

Thanks Sam!  I've used QRead before but I must admit I don't read a lot of books on my PC so hadn't looked at it lately.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Sam Taylor <samtaylor9@...> wrote:

[...]

Mallard

Quentin,

I'm a bookhoolic, and I've been using Qread since when it was first launched. I love it, and I don't think there are any other programmes that are so easy to use and effective, although I miss the possibility of maintaining links within ebooks.

I wish Chris would wake up on some fine spring morning and decide he should continue devloping and improving this software.

Let's start an email bombing to him!!!! (joking, but only in part...).

Ciao, and welcome to the Qreaders club!

Ollie

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Sam Taylor <samtaylor9@me.com <mailto:samtaylor9@me.com>> wrote:

[...]

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now
<http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/>

<http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess>
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

David Griffith

I agree that QRead  is a very useful program and I purchased it myself.

However in terms of emulating Voicedream on a PC i would have thought something like balabolka would have been nearer the mark. Especially with its ability to create TTS mp3 versions in different voices of eBooks, including support not just for ePub but also Mobi books.

I have not used it enough to comment on things like chapter navigation though I understand it supports Header navigation..

It is of course also free so is easy to try out and see if it suits the bill.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

I had an inquiry from someone who is familiar with Voice Dream Reader on iOS, and wondered whether there was a similar, accessible program on the PC?  Particularly of interest are features like being able to open it and quickly pick up where a particular title was previously left.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Cristóbal

For the record, QRead also handles MOBI formatted eBooks.