Topics

Does NVDA support edit controls TRichView and TRichViewEdit


Jim Bretti <jim@...>
 

We have an application written in Delphi that uses TRichViewEdit controls, and NVDA does not seem to recognize the control.  If I load text into the control and place my cursor at the top, NVDA speaks the text 'blank' as I arrow down the page.

I'm trying to understand if NVDA does not recognize the control or if is a problem in the TRichView component.

Thanks

Jim Bretti
NextUp.com


Jim Bretti <jim@...>
 

Sorry to post again, but I'm looking for help with this to make our dephi application accessible from NVDA.

There is a Delphi NVDAObjects file at https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/blob/master/source/NVDAObjects/IAccessible/delphi.py that is attempting to make TRichView and TRichViewEdit accessible.  It looks like these entries are very old, but I'd like to know if the accessibility issues has to do with this NVDA file, or if I need to contact the TRichView author about the issue.

I'd appreciate any help very much.

Jim Bretti
NextUp.com


On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Jim Bretti <jim@...> wrote:
We have an application written in Delphi that uses TRichViewEdit controls, and NVDA does not seem to recognize the control.  If I load text into the control and place my cursor at the top, NVDA speaks the text 'blank' as I arrow down the page.

I'm trying to understand if NVDA does not recognize the control or if is a problem in the TRichView component.

Thanks

Jim Bretti
NextUp.com


Antony Stone
 

For a question such as this I think you're better off asking on the developers'
list nvda-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

On Wednesday 11 April 2018 at 03:24:28, Jim Bretti wrote:

Sorry to post again, but I'm looking for help with this to make our dephi
application accessible from NVDA.
Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

- Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Jim Bretti <jim@...>
 

Thanks Anthony, I'll give that a try.

Jim

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM, Antony Stone <antony.stone@...> wrote:
For a question such as this I think you're better off asking on the developers'
list nvda-devel@....net

On Wednesday 11 April 2018 at 03:24:28, Jim Bretti wrote:

> Sorry to post again, but I'm looking for help with this to make our dephi
> application accessible from NVDA.

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.