Topics

OCR?


john s
 

Does NVDA have OCR? I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the text. Thanks.


John


Luis Carlos González Moráles
 

Yes it has. Using the Windows 10 ocr engine, Press NVDA+r to doo this
action. To change the language, go to Preferences, >windows 10 ocr.
Best,
Habibi.
john s wrote:

Does NVDA have OCR?  I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the
text.  Thanks.


                John




Kerryn Gunness
 

if u have windows 10 with NVDA
yup it does
press NVDA plus R
it should work

----- Original Message -----
From: "john s" <jschwery@centurylink.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] OCR?


Does NVDA have OCR? I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the text. Thanks.


John



bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>
 

Not sure how possible this is, but would love to have the ability of OCR from a scanner.

On 4/4/2018 4:28 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
if u have windows 10 with NVDA
yup it does
press NVDA plus R
it should work
----- Original Message ----- From: "john s" <jschwery@centurylink.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] OCR?

Does NVDA have OCR? I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the text. Thanks.


John




john s
 

I'm running win 7. Am I out of luck?

At 04:26 PM 4/4/2018, Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, wrote:
Yes it has. Using the Windows 10 ocr engine, Press NVDA+r to doo this
action. To change the language, go to Preferences, >windows 10 ocr.
Best,
Habibi.
john s wrote:
Does NVDA have OCR? I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the
text. Thanks.


               John





John


Luis Carlos González Moráles
 

I'm afraid yes. Maybe you can get the OCR addon for sake of this.

john s wrote:

I'm running win 7.  Am I out of luck?

At 04:26 PM 4/4/2018, Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles, wrote:
Yes it has. Using the Windows 10 ocr engine, Press NVDA+r to doo this
action. To change the language, go to Preferences, >windows 10 ocr.
Best,
Habibi.
john s wrote:
Does NVDA have OCR?  I have a PDF that is an image and want to see
the
text.  Thanks.


                John





                John




Kerryn Gunness
 

if u ahvve a scanner
use abby fine reader

----- Original Message -----
From: "bob jutzi" <jutzi1@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR?


Not sure how possible this is, but would love to have the ability of OCR from a scanner.
On 4/4/2018 4:28 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
if u have windows 10 with NVDA
yup it does
press NVDA plus R
it should work

----- Original Message ----- From: "john s" <jschwery@centurylink.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, April 4, 2018 4:16 PM
Subject: [nvda] OCR?


Does NVDA have OCR? I have a PDF that is an image and want to see the text. Thanks.


John