iTunes


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

So, just to clarrify, do not update to iTunes 12.4, correct? It doesn't work with NVDA, right?


Lino Morales
 

Chris it works, but certain ares don't read with NVDA.

On 5/19/2016 12:05 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
So, just to clarrify, do not update to iTunes 12.4, correct? It doesn't work with NVDA, right?


Chris Shook <chris0309@...>
 

Hi,
Thanks for the info. What areas should I avoid?


Lino Morales
 

Well NVDA doesn't read your albums, songs, etc. Anything in your library. Readings in the iTunees Store and Apple music works fine.

On 5/19/2016 12:42 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What areas should I avoid?


Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>
 

I'd also put a ticket on nvda about this as they could see if its actually an apple or nvda issue which is not always obvious. Personally i have no reason to use Itunes, so I don't use their weird program.
I never found the logic of it very understandable anyway, and quite why one would need to have a piece of bespoke software to access a store is beyond me. Microsoft, are you listening as well?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] iTunes


Well NVDA doesn't read your albums, songs, etc. Anything in your library. Readings in the iTunees Store and Apple music works fine.


On 5/19/2016 12:42 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What areas should I avoid?



Chris
 

Correct

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Shook
Sent: 19 May 2016 05:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] iTunes

So, just to clarrify, do not update to iTunes 12.4, correct? It doesn't work
with NVDA, right?


Clare Page <clare.page@...>
 

Hi!
NVDA does read songs in your iTunes library, but only the one it's first
focused on, without changing that focus if you arrow up or down. If you
scroll down your song list, you must press Tab then shift+tab for NVDA to
focus on the song you've moved to. This is certainly cluncky but at least
it's still possible to scroll up and down the songs list and read its
contents. When I'm exploring my iTunes music library I always have the view
set to Songs so I can't comment on what happens in Artists or Albums view.
I have also been able to view my playlists, but it took some battling with
iTunes before I was able to get back to the Songs view again.
Here's hoping iTunes accessibility on Windows won't deteriorate any further!
Bye for now!
From Clare

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino
Morales
Sent: jeudi 19 mai 2016 06:44
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] iTunes

Well NVDA doesn't read your albums, songs, etc. Anything in your library.
Readings in the iTunees Store and Apple music works fine.


On 5/19/2016 12:42 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What areas should I avoid?



Lino Morales
 

Well Brian its a easy way to manage your purchaces, music, TV shows you've bought etc. also easy to manage your CD collection assuming you still have CD's LOL. Plus I listen to all my Apple Music on iTunes when I'm susing my PC.

On 5/19/2016 3:43 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I'd also put a ticket on nvda about this as they could see if its actually an apple or nvda issue which is not always obvious. Personally i have no reason to use Itunes, so I don't use their weird program.
I never found the logic of it very understandable anyway, and quite why one would need to have a piece of bespoke software to access a store is beyond me. Microsoft, are you listening as well?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lino Morales" <linomorales001@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] iTunes


Well NVDA doesn't read your albums, songs, etc. Anything in your library. Readings in the iTunees Store and Apple music works fine.


On 5/19/2016 12:42 AM, Chris Shook wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. What areas should I avoid?