nvda 2018.1 and soulseek ns?

Orhan Deniz <orhan.deniz63@...>

On windows 10, using soulseek ns 157, when moving the focus to the current navigator object, in a users list of folders, slsk focuses on the wrong folder. i have no other issues with ns and really don't want to upgrade to qt. Anyone else experienced this and is it an nvda or windows 10 issue? works fine on win 7.

Best, O.

I have just done some research and someone on the jaws users mailing list is having a similar issue. So that rules out nvda being funky. I will try running in compatibility mode now. really don't want to give this program up, good for finding rare stuff.

On 06/04/2018 22:02, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:
On windows 10, using soulseek ns 157, when moving the focus to the current navigator object, in a users list of folders, slsk focuses on the wrong folder. i have no other issues with ns and really don't want to upgrade to qt. Anyone else experienced this and is it an nvda or windows 10 issue? works fine on win 7.
Best, O.

I have temporarily switched to qt. it's a bit better than it was two years ago. anyone got any tips?

On 06/04/2018 22:07, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:
I have just done some research and someone on the jaws users mailing list is having a similar issue. So that rules out nvda being funky. I will try running in compatibility mode now. really don't want to give this program up, good for finding rare stuff.
On 06/04/2018 22:02, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:

Best, O.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Orhan,

I am not having this issue s such.  From Windows 7 on up, I always had to make sure that when in a list using Soulseek, I had to be sure to be in object navigation mode and then to use the right mouse button click when in a list of transfers and in a list of search results, I use the context menu key.  Just why this is, I do not know but it works this way for years.

On 4/6/2018 5:02 PM, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:

Best, O.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Gene

Just one more example of why object navigation should be automatically switched to when the user leaves a window where some other navigation option is being used. 
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:04 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda 2018.1 and soulseek ns?

Hi Orhan,

I am not having this issue s such.  From Windows 7 on up, I always had
to make sure that when in a list using Soulseek, I had to be sure to be
in object navigation mode and then to use the right mouse button click
when in a list of transfers and in a list of search results, I use the
context menu key.  Just why this is, I do not know but it works this way
for years.

> On windows 10, using soulseek ns 157, when moving the focus to the
> current navigator object, in a users list of folders, slsk focuses on
> the wrong folder. i have no other issues with ns and really don't want
> to upgrade to qt. Anyone else experienced this and is it an nvda or
> windows 10 issue? works fine on win 7.
>
> Best, O.
>
>
>
>

--

I use object navigation.

Best,
Orhan.

On 07/04/2018 13:32, Gene wrote:
Just one more example of why object navigation should be automatically switched to when the user leaves a window where some other navigation option is being used.
Gene
----- Original Message -----
*Sent:* Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:04 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] nvda 2018.1 and soulseek ns?
Hi Orhan,
I am not having this issue s such. >From Windows 7 on up, I always had
to make sure that when in a list using Soulseek, I had to be sure to be
in object navigation mode and then to use the right mouse button click
when in a list of transfers and in a list of search results, I use the
context menu key.  Just why this is, I do not know but it works this way
for years.
> On windows 10, using soulseek ns 157, when moving the focus to the
> current navigator object, in a users list of folders, slsk focuses on
> the wrong folder. i have no other issues with ns and really don't want
> to upgrade to qt. Anyone else experienced this and is it an nvda or
> windows 10 issue? works fine on win 7.
>
> Best, O.
>
>
>
>
--

Hi Ron,
This issue only occurs when browsing a users files. so say for instance: there is a folder 1995, with nested folders below it, and the third one is called Folder C, I can move the navigator object to it, but as soon as i right click, it selects 1995 instead.

Orhan.

On 07/04/2018 08:04, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Orhan,
I am not having this issue s such.  From Windows 7 on up, I always had to make sure that when in a list using Soulseek, I had to be sure to be in object navigation mode and then to use the right mouse button click when in a list of transfers and in a list of search results, I use the context menu key.  Just why this is, I do not know but it works this way for years.

Best, O.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hi.

Nice to see some Soulseek users here. I haven't really touched it much with nVDA yet, but I have used it a fair bit with JAWS 18.
T
He issue described seems to be related to the mouse pointer not moving with the system caret or whatever when browsing files. It indeed does not happen in a search. Also, you can select files pretty easily, but when moving through a tree view of folders, it's harder to do. If you don't mind selecting files instead of entire folders, you can just use the applications key and download, I think, and the file your cursor is placed on will be selected.

No luck with Soulseek QT at all I suppose? I certainly couldn't get much useful out of it.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io
Sent: April 7, 2018 12:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Importance: High

Hi Ron,
This issue only occurs when browsing a users files. so say for instance:
there is a folder 1995, with nested folders below it, and the third one is called Folder C, I can move the navigator object to it, but as soon as i right click, it selects 1995 instead.

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

I am not having this issue s such. From Windows 7 on up, I always had
to make sure that when in a list using Soulseek, I had to be sure to
be in object navigation mode and then to use the right mouse button
click when in a list of transfers and in a list of search results, I
use the context menu key. Just why this is, I do not know but it
works this way for years.

On windows 10, using soulseek ns 157, when moving the focus to the
current navigator object, in a users list of folders, slsk focuses on
the wrong folder. i have no other issues with ns and really don't
want to upgrade to qt. Anyone else experienced this and is it an nvda
or windows 10 issue? works fine on win 7.

Best, O.

where can I get the older version of soul seek?

On 4/7/2018 11:34 AM, JM Casey wrote:
Hi.

Nice to see some Soulseek users here. I haven't really touched it much with nVDA yet, but I have used it a fair bit with JAWS 18.
T
He issue described seems to be related to the mouse pointer not moving with the system caret or whatever when browsing files. It indeed does not happen in a search. Also, you can select files pretty easily, but when moving through a tree view of folders, it's harder to do. If you don't mind selecting files instead of entire folders, you can just use the applications key and download, I think, and the file your cursor is placed on will be selected.

No luck with Soulseek QT at all I suppose? I certainly couldn't get much useful out of it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io

Hi Ron,
there is a folder 1995, with nested folders below it, and the third one is called Folder C, I can move the navigator object to it, but as soon as i right click, it selects 1995 instead.

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Soulseek qt is better than it was two years ago, however you have to use object nav to go through the search results.

On 07/04/2018 19:34, JM Casey wrote:
Hi.
T
Hi Ron,
Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.

Ron Canazzi

You also must realize that when browsing a user's files, the interface is a tree view.  If you hear the word collapsed in front of a folder name, you must use the right arrow key to open that tree and go below in the sub structure.  You must always make sure that you are in object navigation and if you do not get a download option in your right click menu, you have probably been moved out of object navigation into screen review.  This can happen if you alt + tab away from Soulseek and then back.

On 4/7/2018 12:11 PM, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Ron,
This issue only occurs when browsing a users files. so say for instance: there is a folder 1995, with nested folders below it, and the third one is called Folder C, I can move the navigator object to it, but as soon as i right click, it selects 1995 instead.

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.

--

Dude I've used soulseek for over 10 years.

This seems to be a windows 10 specific issue. I will use qt and ns together until a better workaround is found.

On 08/04/2018 00:53, Ron Canazzi wrote:
You also must realize that when browsing a user's files, the interface is a tree view.  If you hear the word collapsed in front of a folder name, you must use the right arrow key to open that tree and go below in the sub structure.  You must always make sure that you are in object navigation and if you do not get a download option in your right click menu, you have probably been moved out of object navigation into screen review.  This can happen if you alt + tab away from Soulseek and then back.
Hi Ron,

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.

Ron Canazzi

I am using Windows 10 latest update with NVDA 2018.1.1 and I have seen no change since Windows XP when using Soulseek.

Here is the executable name of the version of Soulseek I am using.

slsk157NS13c.exe

On 4/7/2018 9:51 PM, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:

This seems to be a windows 10 specific issue. I will use qt and ns together until a better workaround is found.

You also must realize that when browsing a user's files, the interface is a tree view.  If you hear the word collapsed in front of a folder name, you must use the right arrow key to open that tree and go below in the sub structure. You must always make sure that you are in object navigation and if you do not get a download option in your right click menu, you have probably been moved out of object navigation into screen review.  This can happen if you alt + tab away from Soulseek and then back.

Hi Ron,

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.

--

I am using slsk157NS13E.exe

I will see if i have a copy of 157ns-13-C. I really doubt that there is something in E and not C that is causing this but you never know.

Orhan.

On 08/04/2018 06:09, Ron Canazzi wrote:
I am using Windows 10 latest update with NVDA 2018.1.1 and I have seen no change since Windows XP when using Soulseek.
Here is the executable name of the version of Soulseek I am using.
slsk157NS13c.exe
On 4/7/2018 9:51 PM, Orhan Deniz via Groups.Io wrote:

You also must realize that when browsing a user's files, the interface is a tree view.  If you hear the word collapsed in front of a folder name, you must use the right arrow key to open that tree and go below in the sub structure. You must always make sure that you are in object navigation and if you do not get a download option in your right click menu, you have probably been moved out of object navigation into screen review.  This can happen if you alt + tab away from Soulseek and then back.

Hi Ron,

Orhan.
Hi Orhan,

Best, O.