Topics

New settings property sheet system in Next

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It would be nice to find out what people think of the new system for settings in nvda now in the next branch.I think its very nice though whether it has any drawbacks is early days to know.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Luis Carlos González Moráles

It's so nice and entertaining to me. No going to separate settings, this
looks like Window Eyes in terms of structure.

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:

It would be nice to find out what people think of the new system for
settings in nvda now in the next branch.I think its very nice though
whether it has any drawbacks is early days to know.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Ângelo Abrantes

It's a very good idea!

Thanks.

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 14:13 de 11-04-2018, Luis Carlos Gonzáles Moráles escreveu:
It's so nice and entertaining to me. No going to separate settings, this
looks like Window Eyes in terms of structure.

Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
It would be nice to find out what people think of the new system for
settings in nvda now in the next branch.I think its very nice though
whether it has any drawbacks is early days to know.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

---

Kevin Cussick

sorry, will test once it is in master but it is nice to see this getting some love at last.

On 11/04/2018 12:13, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.I wrote:
It would be nice to find out what people think of the new system for settings in nvda now in the next branch.I think its very nice though whether it has any drawbacks is early days to know.
Brian
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Just had a look at the new settings properties thingy in the next
snapshot. I am guessing there will be a shortcut for it if not there
already? I do not mind the setup but also seen a version which i liked
which was a add on where it could be either used like a tree view to
find the settings but the best part was you could search for the setting
you wanted and would narrow it down for you sorta like the gesture one.

But instead of it been shortcuts you could change it would be to turn
settings on and off with a check box.

When looking around in the settings i could not find a search box but
maybe a idea? to add in depending which way they go.

Gene nz

On 4/12/2018 8:54 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
sorry, will test once it is in master but it is nice to see this
getting some love at last.

On 11/04/2018 12:13, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.I wrote:
It would be nice to find out what people think of the new system for
settings in nvda now in the next branch.I think its very nice though
whether it has any drawbacks is early days to know.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

mk360

Seems to me you're thinking on the "rapid settings" add-on. That was a good approach, I like the new settings too.

El 11/04/2018 a las 19:12, Gene New Zealand escribió:
[...]

yep that is the add on i have it installed here on my computer and like
it. I just looked it up to see what it was called.

And before downloaded the next snapshot to look at that approach. I must
admit i do like the search function in it.

Gene nz

On 4/12/2018 10:15 AM, mk360 wrote:
[...]

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Firstly, for anyone who tried yesterday's Next build, we found a couple of issues and recommend updating to the latest version for fixes: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

Re the shortcut keys, yes the original shortcut keys still work, you can press NVDA+control+k to open the dialog directly in Keyboard settings, NVDA+control+m for mouse settings, NVDA+control+d for document formatting settings, etc.

Also, re the search idea, yes we are definitely planning that.  We wanted to get the new dialog out there initially with essentially the existing functionality, and then build on that, but a settings search feature is planned.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Rui Fontes

Yes, everything seems working alright!

Rui Fontes

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 8:28 AM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@... <mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...>> wrote:
Hi
yep that is the add on i have it installed here on my computer and like
it. I just looked it up to see what it was called.
And before downloaded the next snapshot to look at that approach. I must
admit i do like the search function in it.
Gene nz
On 4/12/2018 10:15 AM, mk360 wrote:
> Seems to me you're thinking on the "rapid settings" add-on. That
was a
> good approach, I like the new settings too.
> El 11/04/2018 a las 19:12, Gene New Zealand escribió:
>> Hi
>>

>> Just had a look at the new settings properties thingy in the next
>> snapshot. I am guessing there will be a shortcut for it if not there
>> already? I do not mind the setup but also seen a version which i
liked
>> which was a add on where it could be either used like a tree view to
>> find the settings but the best part was you could search for the
setting
>> you wanted and would narrow it down for you sorta like the
gesture one.

>> But instead of it been shortcuts you could change it would be to
turn
>> settings on and off with a check box.
>>

>> When looking around in the settings i could not find a search
box but
>> maybe a idea? to add in depending which way they go.
>>

>> Gene nz
>>

>> On 4/12/2018 8:54 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> sorry, will test once it is in master but it is nice to see this
>>> getting some love at last.

putting 'Brian Gaff'

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Moore

Thanks Quentin!

I just installed the latest next snapshot,

And everything works great again.

Thank you so much for fixing this so quickly!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Hi David,

You're most welcome!  Although, full disclosure, I say that as someone who had nothing to do with implementing the fix, I simply passed on the information about it existing :)

Glad to hear it's working in any case!

Quentin.