From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] latest next version

I installed the latest next version of NVDA on my Win 10 laptop.
Rebooted the computer to make sure things were set. Then I went to the control panel and NVDA would not read any of the entries in the control panel.

Michel Such

It causes several other problems:

- Windows titles are not announced when swithing thru them with alt+tab.

NVDA does not seem to be aware when you open a folder.

Le 11/04/2018 à 17:42, Joseph Lee a écrit :

Hi,
This is caused by a commit that supposedly fixes how NVDA announces clock icon on the notification area. The issue at hand is:
I have notified NV Access and the person who wrote this fix (not me) as this is a critical bug.
Cheers,
Joseph

I installed the latest next version of NVDA on my Win 10 laptop.
Rebooted the computer to make sure things were set.  Then I went to the control panel and NVDA would not read any of the entries in the control panel.

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

There's a new Next build which (hopefully) addresses those issues caused by the #5751 fix.  For those affected, please try the new version and do advise if you still have problems: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Don H

Control panel now reads as it should with this next.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 1:46 AM, Michel Such <michel.such@free.fr <mailto:michel.such@free.fr>> wrote:
It causes several other problems:
- Windows titles are not announced when swithing thru them with alt+tab.
NVDA does not seem to be aware when you open a folder.
Michel Such <mailto:michel.such@free.fr>
Michel, son chat et son ordi
<https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5751>
I have notified NV Access and the person who wrote this fix (not me) as this is a critical bug.
Cheers,
Joseph

I installed the latest next version of NVDA on my Win 10 laptop.
Rebooted the computer to make sure things were set. Then I went to the control panel and NVDA would not read any of the entries in the control panel.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Moore

Hi!

I just installed the newest next snapshot:

15024,

And it works great again when opening folders and all with file Explorer.

Thanks a lot!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Control panel now reads as it should with this next.

> Hi everyone,

> There's a new Next build which (hopefully) addresses those issues caused

> by the #5751 fix.  For those affected, please try the new version and do

> advise if you still have problems:

> https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

> Kind regards

> Quentin.

> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 1:46 AM, Michel Such <michel.such@...

> <mailto:michel.such@...>> wrote:

>     It causes several other problems:

>     - Windows titles are not announced when swithing thru them with alt+tab.

>     NVDA does not seem to be aware when you open a folder.

>     Michel Such <mailto:michel.such@...>

>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>     Michel, son chat et son ordi

>     Le 11/04/2018 à 17:42, Joseph Lee a écrit :

>>     Hi,

>>     This is caused by a commit that supposedly fixes how NVDA announces clock icon on the notification area. The issue at hand is:

>>     https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5751

>>     <https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5751>

>>     I have notified NV Access and the person who wrote this fix (not me) as this is a critical bug.

>>     Cheers,

>>     Joseph

Robert Mendoza

Hi,

Not sure it does not appears the new version for the next build stated to your link. Kindly check.

next build snapshot
Version: 15024,ac2d9f33

I installed the latest next version of NVDA on my Win 10 laptop.
Rebooted the computer to make sure things were set.  Then I went to the control panel and NVDA would not read any of the entries in the control panel.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Robert Mendoza

Sorry disregard my earlier message Quentin. it works fine and fix the problem now. Smile.

Robert Mendoza