Using windows10 ocr functionality with other language than English?

Angaragerdene

Hello:
I'm using win10 with nvda 18.1. So without any choice I'm supposed to
use win10 ocr functionality. As far as I know it has only English as
recognition language. If there is another language how can i choose
them? And if my target language is not among the options it may give,
how can I add one. That's all for now. :)

Hey,

You can select a language in NVDA menu, preferences, Windows 10 OCR. I do not know exactly how to add languages, but I think it has something to do with Windows language packs.

Sincerely,
Artin Dekker

Op 13-4-2018 om 08:32 schreef Angaragerdene:

Hello:
I'm using win10 with nvda 18.1. So without any choice I'm supposed to
use win10 ocr functionality. As far as I know it has only English as
recognition language. If there is another language how can i choose
them? And if my target language is not among the options it may give,
how can I add one. That's all for now. :)

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Go to NVDA preferences and then on Win10 OCR, there you can choose the OCR language, it lists you all languages you got installed in your Windows 10.

Regards,
Ralf

I'm using win10 with nvda 18.1. So without any choice I'm supposed to use win10 ocr functionality. As far as I know it has only English as recognition language. If there is another language how can i choose them? And if my target language is not among the options it may give, how can I add one. That's all for now. :)

Angaragerdene

Hi:
Even though my target language is added in the time and language in
the settings, the win10 ocr in preferences still has one language
only. Could you please tell me how to install a language pack and it
may appear among the choices?