From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2016 3:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] browsing with edge, and finding links that aren't links

There is more than just speed to consider.  Firefox still uses a different interface and it is a more convenient interface.  Chrome shows all sorts of things such as history and settings as web pages.  Firefox has a lot more add ons.  Firefox has a document reading feature that blind people can use.  I tried using a Chrome add on for this purpose and I couldn't use it.  I don't know if there are other Chrome add ons that implement this feature.

It appears to me that Chrome hasn't even put short cut commands on some or many of its menu items.  That sore of thing is and has been standard since the mid-nineties.

Gene

From: Bobby
mailto:bvinton@...

[...]

Well to be honest, I upgraded 1 machine to 10 that I have access to.
Here is where I stand with 10.
When I do eventually upgrade I am confident that with all the advances with features, lockscreens, and other things that I can probably use 10 at least the desktop with vary little modification to the registry.
While now that the system has done with indexing I can do single letter search in start and it actually comes up fine.
3. I am confidant that with all the things ms has at least for the desktop I will be fine.
5. I know some of my way round bits of the new ribbon.
6. I am sure with ribbon disabler, and classic shell I may be able to make it look 7 like.
6. I think I am getting used to the task manager bits of action centre and settings.
What I havn't figured out are the apps just yet or the ms account thing.
I think in the short term if I need to I will be able to use 10 without any real issue.

--
We have probed the Earth, excavated it, burned it, ripped things from
it, buried things in it... That does not fit my definition of a good
tenant. If we were here on a month-to-month basis, we would have been
evicted long ago.
-Rose Bird

I partly agree, its half manageable at least from and admin level.
With all the drivers automated and updates it means less work for me.
With the earch now working for what I need its fine.
For the desktop and lock screen being able to be turned off or at least made normal I can see it working.
Thats not going to say I will sevenise the os as much as I can from uac down to the start menu.
With firefox I can bypass a lot of ms stuff as well as other things.
I am unsure about apps that need it using and or not converting my account to an ms one with the dialog as it is right now.
I am unsure about edge.
So win10 is half there, I do miss the shutdown, logon and off sounds.
Interestingly there are simple registry hacks to get the events to appear in control panel however they clearly do not execute for unlock login and off although there are sfx there for the purpose.
So its coming at least I know that.