Nvda and Vocalizer: how to buy just one Voice

Angela Delicata

Hi,

I would like to have nvda use  Italian voice Federica made by vocalizer, but I do not know how to buy it and how much it would be...

Please, let me know and eventually write off list to better explain.

Ciao and thanks.

Roger Stewart

When I got Vocalizer a ways back, what you buy is the license to use it and after that, you can download as many, or as few, voices as you want.

Roger

On 4/14/2018 9:27 AM, Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,

I would like to have nvda use  Italian voice Federica made by vocalizer, but I do not know how to buy it and how much it would be...

Please, let me know and eventually write off list to better explain.

Ciao and thanks.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

In Italy you can contact with:
Simone Dal Maso
simone.dalmaso@gmail.com

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 15:27 de 14/04/2018, Angela Delicata escreveu:

Hi,
I would like to have nvda use  Italian voice Federica made by vocalizer, but I do not know how to buy it and how much it would be...
Please, let me know and eventually write off list to better explain.
Ciao and thanks.
.

Angela Delicata

Ah, I know the person at least by name. I don't think he will answer me, but I may try other ways.

I may ask other friends I have here in Italy...

Thank you for replying, any answer is always useful.

All the best.

Angela from Italy

Il 14/04/2018 17:28, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
Hello!

In Italy you can contact with:
Simone Dal Maso
simone.dalmaso@gmail.com

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 15:27 de 14/04/2018, Angela Delicata escreveu:
Hi,

I would like to have nvda use  Italian voice Federica made by vocalizer, but I do not know how to buy it and how much it would be...

Please, let me know and eventually write off list to better explain.

Ciao and thanks.

.

Rui Fontes

You also can buy online on our webpage, www.vocalizer-nvda.com.

In that page you can find other vendors on Italy...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:47 de 14/04/2018, Angela Delicata escreveu:

[...]

kavein thran

hi,
just an opinion,
you better consider codefactory folks as tifla technia are not
updating their drivers, voices and even their pages showed that last
update was 2013.

Spend money wisely.

thanks

On 4/15/18, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> wrote:
[...]

Antony Stone

So, who's the actual original source of these voices, then?

I thought "vocaliser" was the brand name for the voices, and that Codefactory
and Tiflotecnia were simply resellers - ie: passing on the same goods, in the
same way you can buy the same laptop in different shops, maybe for different
prices, maybe with different warranties, but at the end of the day the thing
you get is just the same.

Antony.

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ronald J Glaser

How do you get this  to work, I bought a copy of this addon and it is not working.

On 4/15/18, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
[...]

a friend like  You
Makes The Day Go Right!

Rui Fontes

No, the drivers are diferent, the voices version can be diferent, etc...

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 23:39 de 14/04/2018, Antony Stone escreveu:

[...]

Felix G.

Hi!
This chaos is part of the reason why I am sticking with Espeak at this time, even though I have on different occasions considered buying extra voices. But when I tried CodeFactory Eloquence it performed badly on my system, and when I tried the Tiflotecnia voices I had to install a specific version of the .Net Framework, which struck me as odd as I don't see why that would be required for a voice to work which also runs on embedded systems where .Net is unknown.
Also, on multiple occasions I've seen discussions about problems with Vocalizer voices being urgently directed off list, which triggered my skepticism so I chose to wait and observe.
Best regards,
Felix

[...]

Gene

If you are talking about the Eloquence add on, it's understandable why you didn't like it.  Are you talking about that or the SAPI 5 version of Eloquence?

[...]

Hi Gene,
I am talking about the add-on. I figured that it would be more responsive than a sapi voice. Fact is, it's technically inferior.
Kind regards,
Felix

[...]

Thank you again, I will try that.

Il 14/04/2018 19:46, Rui Fontes ha scritto:
[...]

Ah, Codefactory Vocalizer is better? I will try and search how to buy it thenm... I prefer updated software smile.

Il 14/04/2018 23:59, kavein thran ha scritto:
[...]

Walmir Schultz <wsautodidata@...>

Hi,

I live in Brazil and the obstacle for using Vocalizer is the price.

I understand that software developing has a cost, but, living in a country where most of the blind don't have even a job, think that the cost is very high.

maybe, by offering one or two voices free of charge might be a good idea.

Em 14/04/2018 14:46, Rui Fontes escreveu:

[...]

Iván Novegil

In my opinnion, it depends on what exactly you need.

For instance, Code Factory's Vocalizer requires an internet connection at least once a month, and some users have complaint about the actiovation system. It also depends too much on external executables, more than Tiflotecnia's Vocalizer.

And I can ensure that vocalizer Driver v4 by Tiflotecnia is being developed. I don't know the conditions under it will be released, but the fact is that it exists.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 15/04/2018 á(s) 15:18, Angela Delicata escribiu: