NVDA Next 15037, Win 7 64 Bit, Firefox 64 Bit 59.0.2: browser gets stuck when loading larger websites

Eigeldinger Simon

Hi all,

I just saw this issue still exists:

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

NVDA Next 15037

Firefox 59.0.2 64 Bit

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn’t respond.

Anyone has seen that still happening?

An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a computer magazine:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,

Simon

Matt Turner

I've notest this as well, with netflix, and youtube.

For me just going to youtube.com in firefox, it seems like it takes 1 minit for it to come up.

Then again, it could be my laptop.

On 4/16/2018 9:06 AM, Eigeldinger Simon wrote:

Hi all,

I just saw this issue still exists:

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

NVDA Next 15037

Firefox 59.0.2 64 Bit

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn’t respond.

Anyone has seen that still happening?

An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a computer magazine:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,

Simon

Simon Eigeldinger

Mine stays that way for basically ever.
firefox uses a lot of processor resources.
so i downgraded for the time being to firefox 52.7.3 esr.
i hope that gets resolved.

greetings,
simon

Am 16.04.2018 um 16:14 schrieb Matt Turner:
I've notest this as well, with netflix, and youtube.
For me just going to youtube.com in firefox, it seems like it takes 1 minit for it to come up.
Then again, it could be my laptop.
On 4/16/2018 9:06 AM, Eigeldinger Simon wrote:

Hi all,

I just saw this issue still exists:

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

NVDA Next 15037

Firefox 59.0.2 64 Bit

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn’t respond.

Anyone has seen that still happening?

An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a computer magazine:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,

Simon

---

Eigeldinger Simon

Hi all,

I just saw this issue still exists:

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit

NVDA Next 15037

Firefox 59.0.2 64 Bit

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn’t respond.

Anyone has seen that still happening?

An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a computer magazine:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,

Simon

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger

Informatik

Nebengebäude 1, OG1

Stadt Hohenems

Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4

6845 Hohenems

T: +43 5576 7101-1143 | E: simon.eigeldinger@... | www.hohenems.at

Diese Nachricht und allfällige angehängte Dokumente sind vertraulich und nur für den/die Adressaten bestimmt.

that is the one that I am using and firefox still hangs

is there a setting that I can use to try to resolve this?

.
--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Does this sight exist in English. hard to test when i cannot understand it. :-)
I am using firefox 52esr due to stuttering and messing about with the new firefoxes in windoze 7.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn't respond.
Anyone has seen that still happening?
An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a computer magazine:
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

All Firefox versions are sluggish these days, but the new ones seem to be far worse in this respect on certain web sites.
One gets the impression it s not going to let you do anything till its loaded, whereas earlier versions allowed you to do stuff before it hade completely finished loading.
[...]

You don't need to understand anything on that website.
Its as you describe.

I have downgraded to firefox 52.7.3 esr again.
that fixes it.
but firefox will soon upgrade their esr to 60 so i guess that needs to be fixed before.

Greetings,
Simon

browser gets stuck when loading larger websites

Hi all,

I just saw this issue still exists:
Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
NVDA Next 15037
Firefox 59.0.2 64 Bit

Many larger websites are getting stuck and the browser doesn't respond.
Anyone has seen that still happening?
An example page is for example the Heise Online Newsticker, which is a
computer magazine:
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/

I actually thought this bug has been resolved?

Greetings and thanks,
Simon

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Really, is this on just a particular sight? As I say English would be nice and directions to make it happen.
[...]

It even doesn't let me that in firefox 59 64 bit on win 7 pro 64 bit.

[...]

Hei breien,

No not just on that one.
basically on every site.
just open the site and the complete browser hangs.
and it doesn't stop.

Greetings,
Simon

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Simon Eigeldinger
Informatik
Nebengebäude 1, OG1

Stadt Hohenems
Kaiser-Franz-Josef-Straße 4
6845 Hohenems
T: +43 5576 7101-1143 | E: simon.eigeldinger@hohenems.at | www.hohenems.at

[...]

Well later programs need more guts.

Win10 recomends at least 4th gen though it will run lower.

But an i3 first gen mobile class is a bit of a joke.

A 3rd gen i7 with ssd is not, but 4th gen fresh install runs a little faster than that.

On 18/04/2018 2:05 a.m., Eigeldinger Simon wrote:
[...]

i guess its not a processor power issue.
its more the issue of the browser or the screenreader.
it can't be that the processor runs at 100% when the browser runs on most sites.
a small page with just a few lines of html doesn't make the whole thing come down but for example the youtube site or other sites do.
so in my opinion we can't have that and this should be investigated much further.