Topics

Accessible Screen Recording Software

Bhavya shah

Dear all,
For a certain purpose, I am in need of an accessible screen capturing
and recording software for my Windows 8.1 powered laptop. According to
my preliminary research, some recommended accessible programs for this
purpose include Camtasia, Open Broadcasting Software and WebInAria. I
have perfunctorily read about or tried each of these software and
following is a summary of my present knowledge:
Camtasia: I have installed the huge software’s free trial for now. I
seem unable to find any self-explanatorily worded option to start a
screen recording, am just Tabbing around the interface through the
different options and some unlabelled toggle buttons, and am uncertain
as to how I should proceed from this point.
Open Broadcasting Software: I have seen a blind individual
recommending OBS Classic, which fork of this software is now
deprecated according to the developer’s website. Should I still try
out OBS Classic, or is the newer OBS studio accessible?
WebInAria: This software seems to have no dedicated website of its
own, the number and quality of ratings it has received on software
hosting sites are low, and it seems like this program hasn’t been
updated in several years now.
I would deeply appreciate it if you could either shed some light on
the above-mentioned software, or alternatively suggest other
accessible screen capturing and recording software that are usable
with a screen reader, especially NVDA.
Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Contacting Me
E-mail Address: bhavya.shah125@...
Twitter: @BhavyaShah125
Skype: bhavya.09

abdul muhamin

Hi, I strongly suggest you to use.

this software

it may assist you better

Regards, Chief content officer at BlindHelp.net

[...]

Antony Stone

Which software are you talking about?

Your email recommends using something, but does not say what.

Where can we find out what it is and more information about it?

Antony.

On Monday 16 April 2018 at 23:33:35, abdul muhamin wrote:

[...]

"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and
this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's
Galaxy-wide success is founded - their fundamental design flaws are completely
hidden by their superficial design flaws."

- Douglas Noel Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Muhammad Mikail <izwan8136@...>

Personally, I'm using open broadcaster latest version.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, 5:27 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
[...]

ChrisLeo

Antony, in the message of abdul muhamin apears only one link:

http://blindhelp.net/software/win-cam-13-registored

Chris.

Antony Stone, 16/04/2018 23:43:

Which software are you talking about?

Your email recommends using something, but does not say what.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm assuming the one built into windows 10 on a hot key is not accessible then?
I'm not sure how you get it but it seems to be known about by sighted friends as undocumented but in place.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]