From: "Mallard" <mallard@kimabe.eu>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather+ NVDA add-on required

Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...

Ciao,

Ollie

Laurie Mehta

Ollie,
I am also sorry to hear of your guide's passing on.
That is always so hard... no matter how many guides any of us has had.
Please be good to yourself.
You're in my prayers.

And, thank you Travis, for changing the subject line-- that helped me to open the message sooner.
-Laurie

Subject: Re: [nvda] Rainbow Bridge crossing
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Sunday, May 22, 2016, 9:45 PM

Ollie, I'm very very
sorry to hear about your dog crossing the rainbow
bridge. That was very sad news for me to read.
You're in my prayers.
Travis
Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow
Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after
her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...

Ciao,

Ollie

Kwork

Laurie, your welcome. I don't always remember to do so, but felt it rather
important to change it in this case.
Travis

Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow
Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after
her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Thanks for your closeness and prayers, Travis. It's very hard; Pivi was my fifth guide dog, but she was really special. I miss her so much...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/05/2016 03:45, Kwork ha scritto:
Ollie, I'm very very sorry to hear about your dog crossing the rainbow
bridge. That was very sad news for me to read. You're in my prayers.
Travis
Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Laurie,

It's so comforting to know there are people who care.

Blessings to you.

Ciao,

Ollie

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow
Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after
her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...
Ciao,
Ollie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Ollie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your guide dog crossing over the rainbow bridge. A dear friend of mine is facing the possibility that she might have to make that hard decision with her guide dog too. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Rosemarie

Now that my old guide dog has gone to Rainbow
Bridge, and I no longer
have to look after
her, I'll have moer time to spend on other things,
and Weather+ will be one of them...

Ciao,

Ollie

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I don't think I ever herd of this 'crossing over the rainbow bridge' terminology.  I assume it means he is or will soon go to that great big open air Utopian kennel in the sky--where prime steaks hang at head level just ripe for the munching--and sunny days and clean, clear pools of water abound.  ...and of course, there are always plenty of little animals to chase, catch and do whatever with.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Gwensinfo

It's the bridge to the great field in the sky, where frisbees abound and all kinds and manner  of toys are there for chasing. Rolling in the grass is permitted, and meeting all ones other friends

Sent from my iPhone

On May 23, 2016, at 5:59 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:

[...]

If people want to have these sorts of not even remotely on topic conversations, we should have a chat list.  I didn't say anything until now because I don't want to micromanage the list nor to pounce on people when expressing condolences.  But this thread could go on quite a bit longer.  At this point, I am taking no action but if the thread continues much more, I shall ask that it be terminated.

Gene

Kwork

Ron, here's a site with the original prose poem that inspired the legend, but basically, you are correct:
Since this is way off topic for the list, I will refrain from saying anything more.
My apologies to the moderators. Perhaps I should have written Ollie off list rather than take the discussion outside of the original thread.
Travis