Topics

Urgently need help (word 2010)

prem.translator@...

I’m doing a research, after I sent a draft to my advisor, my advisor send me back the original with the following style of editor revision: insertion, Deletion, property formatted, and comment. I use Word 2010 with the latest version of NVDA, and here is my problem.

- I have two files with the same file format (.docx).
- For the two files, the first one, there is no table. but the other one contains only a table with about 28 rolls and 4 columns in each roll, and everything is in the table.
- Both have the same style of editor revision (insertion, deletion and comment).
- The problem is: when I open both files and list the elements using insert + F7 and choose "annotations", NVDA can list annotations for the file that doesn't have table, but not for the other one.

Below are links for both files.

First file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10IuAreAsiaMMjWJ7QOoRMURlCRzl7C4a

second file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C3HRJmtNSVj_9gK8oxIk6WmbFlENcCE0

Please help me,
Thank you.

Quentin Christensen

Good morning,

It looks like there are a lot of changes in the document.  Basically what happens is when NVDA is added all the annotations to the tree view in the element list (NVDA+f7 dialog), if it takes too long, it times out and doesn't end up adding anything.  It looks like that is what is happening here.

You can work around this by, still in Browse mode, moving to each annotation with "a" (shift+a moves back to the previous annotation).  You can then bring up the context menu (applications key) to accept or reject each.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

prem.translator@...

Thank you Quentin for your help,
Yes, there are a lot of changes in the document, because it is a translation table. Is there any possibility to fix the time out in the future?

Quentin Christensen

It's on our list of things to do.  We have an open issue for it on GitHub, which came about because of a very similar issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/6297

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM, <prem.translator@...> wrote:
Thank you Quentin for your help,
Yes, there are a lot of changes in the document, because it is a translation table. Is there any possibility to fix the time out in the future?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

prem.translator@...

Hello Quentin,
Thank you for your reply. Anyway, I'd like to ask you something, it's a little bit off-topic.

Do you have plan to launch NVDA manual for any other programs besides Word and Excel in the future e.g. PowerPoint.

prem.translator@...

Hello again Quentin,
There is the other problem.
In some part of the document with table, I can go only to the next annotation, but unable to go back to the previous one. As far as I try, the problem happen in column three of both roll two and three. I'm not sure whether there will be the problem like this in other part or not.

Quentin Christensen

I realised after I replied that shift+a currently does not work.  I submitted an issue for this, but to my knowledge, we haven't got a solution as yet: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7342

Re other manuals, yes, I'm planning Outlook and PowerPoint at the moment.  I was hoping to write at least one of those last year, but got caught up with other projects.

Quentin.