Changing punctuation pronunciation

Roger Stewart

I'm trying to change the pronunciation of 2 punctuation s ! from bang to exclaim and ' from tick to apostrophe.  I go into punctuation/symbol pronunciation and I can easily change them and I hit the ok button to save the changes but it doesn't take effect.  I tried restarting nvda but it still stays the same.  I went back into the punctuation pronunciation again and the settings are being saved just as I set them.  How do I make them take hold?

Thanks!

Roger

Tyler Spivey

You have to change all of them.
1. ! sentence ending
2. !
3. in-word '
4. '

On 4/21/2018 11:57 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I'm trying to change the pronunciation of 2 punctuation s ! from bang to
exclaim and ' from tick to apostrophe.  I go into punctuation/symbol
pronunciation and I can easily change them and I hit the ok button to
save the changes but it doesn't take effect.  I tried restarting nvda
but it still stays the same.  I went back into the punctuation
pronunciation again and the settings are being saved just as I set
them.  How do I make them take hold?

Thanks!

Roger

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Hmm, I did this ages ago with not issues. I'll have to go and test again and see if there is an issue.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-