From looking at the site, I understand what is occurring.  It is a read only edit field because it is supposed to display a date you select.  But however you are supposed to select the date is inaccessible.  If I am in forms mode and I'm in the edit field, if I press enter, the edit field shows today's date.  But there is no accessible way to change it.

From: Rob Hudson
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:52 PM
Subject: [nvda] UHaul.com: Date Select is Read Only

Environment: Windows 10, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371), Firefox ESR 52.6.3x64, Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (32-bit), NVDA 2018.1.
I'm trying to reserve a truck for my upcoming move, via
http://www.uhaul.com/
However, when it comes to selecting a pickup date, the edit box is read only; you can't enter a date. I can enter a pickup and drop off, but no date. The time of day is a combo box, but again, the day is read only.
Can anyone else duplicate this before I report it to the company?

"Marvin Atkins"

Rob,

I use JAWS 2018 latest build and IE and when I go into forms mode on the pickup date  field, I type but nothing happens but if I go into JAWS mode I hear a calendar with days and if I click on say, 24 and then go back to pc cursor and go to the pickup date field, I hear 04/24/2018.

Marvin

Environment: Windows 10, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371), Firefox ESR 52.6.3x64, Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117 (Official Build) (32-bit), NVDA 2018.1.
I'm trying to reserve a truck for my upcoming move, via
http://www.uhaul.com/
However, when it comes to selecting a pickup date, the edit box is read only; you can't enter a date. I can enter a pickup and drop off, but no date. The time of day is a combo box, but again, the day is read only.
Can anyone else duplicate this before I report it to the company?

Gene

What happens if you click another date?

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 3:00 PM

[...]

It changed the date as I picked 29 so it then said 04/29/2018.

Marvin

[...]

I never use Internet Explorer and I don't have a current version.  But it's good that it works on that part of the site.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 3:14 PM

[...]

Jonathan COHN

I tried it earlier today using Safari on my Macintosh. and got similar results. So if you want to book in the current month it should be quite easy. Getting date pickers to work is not as easy as it should be for web developers, but there are at least two widgets available that are accessible.