From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Greg Rhodes
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 8:22 AM
To: NVDA Users Group <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Screen Curtain Feature

Is there a keyboard shortcut with NVDA to invoke a screen curtain (blank screen while you are working – for privacy purposes)? Narrator has a shortcut – Capslock/Shift/F12. I heard yesterday that JAWS has a similar command – Insert/Spacebar, then PrintScreen. Neither of these work when I’m using NVDA. Anyone know of a NVDA screen curtain shortcut. Con’t really want to do it by turning brightness to zero. Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

No this has been debated before. I think this will rely on Windows offering such a mode as without the screen how can you have a screenreader. Its all down to where the curtain is inserted and Windows now is so locked down that trying to cludge something in from outside is not really a good thing to try!
I'm sure somebody here might know where this discussion is, as I can remember it but did not bother as I just don't use a monitor!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:22 PM

Is there a keyboard shortcut with NVDA to invoke a screen curtain (blank screen while you are working – for privacy purposes)? Narrator has a shortcut – Capslock/Shift/F12. I heard yesterday that JAWS has a similar command – Insert/Spacebar, then PrintScreen. Neither of these work when I’m using NVDA. Anyone know of a NVDA screen curtain shortcut. Con’t really want to do it by turning brightness to zero. Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

Also of course this is not available in anything but the latest builds of 10, and many people don't even use 10.. cough.
 I'm actually writing this in XP at the moment.