Command line window output not being spoken

Tony Malykh

Hi all,

I work in command line window (also known as terminal, prompt, etc) a lot and today my NVDA stopped speaking the output of my commands. Review cursor still works - I can press numpad 7, numpad 9 to read all the lines displayed. But when my program prints something, NVDA doesn't speak this automatically any longer. This just happened today - I suspect my Windows installed an update which broke some compatibility feature.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are there any known workarounds for this?

Thanks

Tony

Sam Taylor

Hi Tony,

I don't suppose you've accidentally turned off report dynamic content changes with NVDA+5?

Sam

On 29/04/2018 09:09, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hi all,

I work in command line window (also known as terminal, prompt, etc) a lot and today my NVDA stopped speaking the output of my commands. Review cursor still works - I can press numpad 7, numpad 9 to read all the lines displayed. But when my program prints something, NVDA doesn't speak this automatically any longer. This just happened today - I suspect my Windows installed an update which broke some compatibility feature.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are there any known workarounds for this?

Thanks

Tony

Tony Malykh

Ah, silly me, apparently that is indeed what happened. Now command prompt works fine. Thanks for the hint and sorry about this question, I am still an NVDA newbie.

On 4/28/2018 4:10 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Hi Tony,

I don't suppose you've accidentally turned off report dynamic content changes with NVDA+5?

Sam

On 29/04/2018 09:09, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hi all,

I work in command line window (also known as terminal, prompt, etc) a lot and today my NVDA stopped speaking the output of my commands. Review cursor still works - I can press numpad 7, numpad 9 to read all the lines displayed. But when my program prints something, NVDA doesn't speak this automatically any longer. This just happened today - I suspect my Windows installed an update which broke some compatibility feature.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Are there any known workarounds for this?

Thanks

Tony

Brian's Mail list account

No don't apologise I have a friend who uses Supernova and is always accidentally changing the screenreader language due to close by hotkeys.
All screenreaders use shortcut toggles for things and its easy to get stuff screwed up.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

Yes I have always had this problem with nvda if I try to do a ping in the comand prompt my nvda will not speak after the numbers are spoken I will have to press the control alt n to restart my nvda.

Brian Sackrider