will be using a new email address

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I've been having some problems with my gmail account. On some email lists, I'll try to write a message. Later I get a message back saying that my message is undeliverable. I created an outlook account today with the help of the Microsoft disability line. Do I unsub this address first before going to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Brian's Mail list account

Hmm, I'd be rather intrigued to know why this happens. Not seen it here I have to say.
I'd be tempted to subscribe the new one and test it for a while then unsub the old one if it works in all the lists you have reliably. More and more I think email is suffering due to attempts to trap spam and phishing emails, and a lot of the problems we see are companies trying to achieve this end. They dare not publicise what they are doing as this will give the spammers a heads up to how to get around it.
As you may be aware, recently some spammers have been forging legitimate Google headers to get past anti spam measures. In some cases the spam has come in to a users sent folder, as if they themselves have sent it.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I've been having some problems with my gmail account. On some email lists,
I'll try to write a message. Later I get a message back saying that my
message is undeliverable. I created an outlook account today with the help
of the Microsoft disability line. Do I unsub this address first before going
to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

I think I will subscribe with my new email address and test it. If it works
reliably, I'll go ahead and unsub this one.

Rosemarie

I've been having some problems with my gmail account. On some email lists,
I'll try to write a message. Later I get a message back saying that my
message is undeliverable. I created an outlook account today with the help
of the Microsoft disability line. Do I unsub this address first before
going
to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Antony Stone

Most bounce messages saying "undeliverable" also give a reason why the message
could not be delivered - this can be anything from "recipient address does not
exist" (so there's no way we can deliver it) to "your address is not
deliverable" (so if someone can't reply to you, we're not going to deliver
your email), or "server is having a problem" (so it might work if you try
again later).

Do the bounce messages you're receiving have any further detail to them, which
can help to indicate the problem (or, at the very least, whether the problem
is at the sender end or the receipient end)?

Oh, and no, there is no need to unsubscribe one address before subscribing
from a second one - in fact it can be useful to have both subscribed together
for a while, to see whether you receive some messages at one address which do
not arrive at the other - indicating a problem with your email provder and not
with the list itself.

Antony.

--
The lottery is a tax for people who can't do maths.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

I'll leave both address subscribe for a while to see how things work out.

Rosemarie