Problem with Eloquence for windows

Sky Mundell

Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows.  I upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I restarted, NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it said, please register this product. When I went to activate the product, I was told that all of my licences had been activated.  When I hit the deactivate button, I got an error that says that your not connected to the internet, even though I am connected to the internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one core, and I am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and Window-Eyes.  Any help you could give me would be appreciated!  Thanks, Sky.

Rui Fontes

You need to contact with Code Factory to request more keys...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 06:25 de 01/05/2018, Sky Mundell escreveu:

Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows.  I upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I restarted, NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it said, please register this product. When I went to activate the product, I was told that all of my licences had been activated.  When I hit the deactivate button, I got an error that says that your not connected to the internet, even though I am connected to the internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one core, and I am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and Window-Eyes.  Any help you could give me would be appreciated!  Thanks, Sky.

John Isige

And when you get your new keys, remember that if you do major updates
like this, switch synthesizers and deactivate Eloquence, then reactivate
it when it's done updating. You don't have to do it for every update,
just the big ones that change versions like this.

On 5/1/2018 6:45, Rui Fontes wrote:
You need to contact with Code Factory to request more keys...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 06:25 de 01/05/2018, Sky Mundell escreveu:
Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows.  I
upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I
restarted, NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it
said, please register this product. When I went to activate the
product, I was told that all of my licences had been activated.  When
I hit the deactivate button, I got an error that says that your not
connected to the internet, even though I am connected to the
internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one core, and I
am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and
Window-Eyes.  Any help you could give me would be appreciated!
Thanks, Sky.

You need to contact whoever you got it from to get it reset or buy another copy I guess.

I think you were supposed to deactivate the software before you update then activate it again.

On 5/1/2018 5:25 PM, Sky Mundell wrote:
Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows. I
upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I restarted,
NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it said, please register
this product. When I went to activate the product, I was told that all of my
licences had been activated. When I hit the deactivate button, I got an
error that says that your not connected to the internet, even though I am
connected to the internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one
core, and I am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and
Window-Eyes. Any help you could give me would be appreciated! Thanks, Sky.

Brian's Mail list account

Yes this is not the only bit of software broken by the latest windows version I'm hearing. One might have thought Microsoft would have preserved keys and reinstalled them after the update.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

You need to contact with Code Factory to request more keys...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 06:25 de 01/05/2018, Sky Mundell escreveu:
Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows. I upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I restarted, NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it said, please register this product. When I went to activate the product, I was told that all of my licences had been activated. When I hit the deactivate button, I got an error that says that your not connected to the internet, even though I am connected to the internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one core, and I am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and Window-Eyes. Any help you could give me would be appreciated! Thanks, Sky.

Alex Kenny

This problem is not caused by Microsoft, but rather the Eloquence licensing system. The software appears to tie the license to the specific version of windows being used and invalidates the license when that version changes.

On May 2, 2018, at 1:32 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:

Yes this is not the only bit of software broken by the latest windows version I'm hearing. One might have thought Microsoft would have preserved keys and reinstalled them after the update.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rui Fontes" <rui.fontes@...>
You need to contact with Code Factory to request more keys...

Regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 06:25 de 01/05/2018, Sky Mundell escreveu:
Hello List. Sky here. I have a problem with eloquence for windows. I upgraded to windows spring update, and it went well, but when I restarted, NVDA came up with SAPI 5 version of Eloquence, and it said, please register this product. When I went to activate the product, I was told that all of my licences had been activated. When I hit the deactivate button, I got an error that says that your not connected to the internet, even though I am connected to the internet. What can I do? I have a difficult time with one core, and I am familiar with Eloquence because I used it in JAWS and Window-Eyes. Any help you could give me would be appreciated! Thanks, Sky.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

There is an updated version, which you can download from your dealer, which will avoid this problem in the future.

All the best

Steve

[...]

Ah. So you can get the updated version from codefactory? I just did that.