Does NVDA support bluetooth connection?

John J. Boyer

this is in regard to my plans to use a computer from bed. The Focus 14 suports bluetooth. From What I have heard NVDA
does not.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org

Laz

I believe your source of information may be incorrect. If your
computer supports Bluetooth that's all you need. It's not up to any
program to support Bluetooth it's your computer that needs to support
Bluetooth.

On 5/1/18, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org> wrote:
this is in regard to my plans to use a computer from bed. The Focus 14
suports bluetooth. From What I have heard NVDA
does not.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
services
that are available at no cost

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Quentin Christensen

Hi John,

As Laz indicated, NVDA does support the full range of Focus displays.  From the NVVDA User Guide:

14.1. Freedom Scientific Focus/PAC Mate Series
All Focus and PAC Mate displays from Freedom Scientific are supported when connected via USB or bluetooth. You will need the Freedom Scientific braille display drivers installed on your system. If you do not have them already, you can obtain them from http://www2.freedomscientific.com/downloads/focus-40-blue/focus-40-14-blue-downloads.asp. Although this page only mentions the Focus Blue display, the drivers support all Freedom Scientific Focus and Pacmate displays. If your system is running 64 bit Windows and the drivers were already installed by another screen reader, you will probably still need to install the drivers from this link, as the files required by NVDA were probably not installed by the other screen reader.

By default, NVDA can automatically detect and connect to these displays either via USB or bluetooth. However, when configuring the display, you can explicitly select "USB" or "Bluetooth" ports to restrict the connection type to be used. This might be useful if you want to connect the focus display to NVDA using bluetooth, but still be able to charge it using USB power from your computer.

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:34 AM, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:
this is in regard to my plans to use a computer from bed. The Focus 14 suports bluetooth. From What I have heard NVDA
does not.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
        that are available at no cost

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

It should do but for that display I'll bow to superior knowledge from a user.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-