From: Chantelle Buys
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 7:29 AM
To: nvda
Subject: [nvda] Windows10 safe mode and NVDA.

Hi guys.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Hi there.

I used avastclear but, that program wants me to go into safe mode.

Here's my mail: cbuys6@gmail.com

On 5/2/18, Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@rcn.com> wrote:
Send me your email and I will send you a tool to remove it without having to

go to safe mode.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Gene

Did you try removing it in programs and features?  It's been a long time since I've done that but I believe that at some point, a nonspeaking are you sure dialog comes up and you can just press the space bar when that happens.  Or, do you have to remove it at all?  You may just be able to turn off protection when you upgrade.  I can tell you how to do that if you don't know how.  I'm skeptical that removal is necessary.

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 7:29 AM
To: nvda

Hi guys.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Well, uninstalling doesn't show up in add and remove programs when I
enter on uninstall. Windows10upgrade however won't skip past the avast
program either. Task manager can't stop the program either.

Chantelle

Did you try removing it in programs and features? It's been a long time
since I've done that but I believe that at some point, a nonspeaking are you
sure dialog comes up and you can just press the space bar when that happens.
Or, do you have to remove it at all? You may just be able to turn off
protection when you upgrade. I can tell you how to do that if you don't
know how. I'm skeptical that removal is necessary.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

I've gotten help from my mom to uninstall it in safe mode however,
windows says it's still there. It doesn't show in task manager or in
add and remove programs.

Chantelle

On 5/2/18, Chantelle Buys <cbuys6@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

It should be in programs and features.  If it isn't, you can still try disabling protection and see what happens.  To turn off protection, do the following:
In the system tray, do a right click on the Avast icon.
Up or down arrow in the menu to the shields item.
Press enter.
You will be in a submenu with choices such as disable for ten minutes and others.  I would use the disable forever selection.
Press enter on the selection you want.
A nonspeaking are you sure message comes up.  Press the space bar and shields will be off.  You can confirm this by llooking at the Avast icon in the system tray.  It will tell you that your system is unsecured.

You can turn on shields again by pressing enter on the enable shields option in the shields submenu.  It may say disabled but it doesn't matter.  It isn't disabled and pressing enter on it enables the shields again.  There is no are you sure dialog so all you have to do is press enter.
Checking the system tray Avast icon again will say you're system is secured if enabling occurred.

Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows10 safe mode and NVDA.

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Chantelle Buys

Nope. it's not showing in add or remove programs or anywhere else. My
mom helped to uninstall it in safe mode however, windows says it's
still there.

[...]

Roger Stewart

No way to use nvda, but I understand that Narrator now works in Safe Mode.

Roger

On 5/2/2018 7:29 AM, Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi guys.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

Chantelle Buys

I'll try that then. Thanks.

On 5/2/18, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
No way to use nvda, but I understand that Narrator now works in Safe Mode.

Roger

On 5/2/2018 7:29 AM, Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi guys.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Angela Delicata

My two cents on it: I was able to remove Avast with the use of nvda and Braille display... It requires pressing remove button, which I did  using display braille; I did it about four months ago, so I suppose it is still possible.

Avast clean is not accessible, I think.

Il 02/05/2018 15:04, Chantelle Buys ha scritto:
Hi there.

I used avastclear but, that program wants me to go into safe mode.

Here's my mail: cbuys6@gmail.com

On 5/2/18, Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@rcn.com> wrote:
Send me your email and I will send you a tool to remove it without having to

go to safe mode.

Is there a way to use NVDA or any other screen reader on windows10
safe mode? I have to get rid of avast to upgrade my windows10.

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd suggest yes, since the patch much posted around these parts seemed to work. However the new version claims to hav narrator in safe mode for the future, which might be very handy and not involve any registry patching.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-