Topics

looking for pls or m3u file of a radio station stream

Bobby <bvinton@...>

I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If you know of a program please let me know.

Noah Davis

Hi,
Unfortunately there is no program that can do this sort of thing. But
if you'd like, you can email me offlist and I can give you more
specific instructions on how to capture direct links as most stations
don't have these direct links directly accessible, which gets on my
nerves as well!
Noah

On 5/25/16, Bobby <bvinton@optonline.net> wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of
the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls
or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If you
know of a program please let me know.

Lino Morales

Noah. Email me your method off list too @:

lino_and_rico@windstream.net

Another great source of radio station streams is from my buddy ole pall Bill Sparks at:

www.billsparks.net./

On 5/25/2016 1:11 PM, Noah Davis wrote:
Hi,
Unfortunately there is no program that can do this sort of thing. But
if you'd like, you can email me offlist and I can give you more
specific instructions on how to capture direct links as most stations
don't have these direct links directly accessible, which gets on my
nerves as well!
Noah

On 5/25/16, Bobby <bvinton@optonline.net> wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of
the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls
or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If you
know of a program please let me know.

Gene

I don't know where you live but a program like tapin Radio has a large data base of stations from all over the world.  It also allows you to record stations directly as they play, which means you don't have to tie up a sound card or use another recording program outside of tapin Radio.

I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of
the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls
or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If you
know of a program please let me know.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Noah,

I would also like to have that information.  I tried using IP snooper, but the results are very confusing and I can't make head or tail about them.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Roger Stewart

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger

On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If you know of a program please let me know.

.

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I am not sure what formats the following program plays, but it will play radio stations etc from all over the world plus more.

The link to this program is SpeakOn MediaSuite and can be found at http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn.html

Gene nz

On 26/05/2016 5:05 AM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If you know of a program please let me know.

Most stations these days broadcast in Flash and/or HtML5.  Saving such links won't direct you to the actual underlying stream.  There is an underlying stream but the listen links on most station web sites direct you to the flash or HTMl5 stream, or they are links that open your browser and cause it to follow scripts to the Flash content.  Sometimes, right clicking and saving links won't work at all because the site doesn't support saving such links.

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger

On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
> I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of
> internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
> of the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
> pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If
> you know of a program please let me know.
>

> .

Pete <emac00@...>

  The shout cast site used to be a good source, not sure if still up.

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:09 PM

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger

On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
> I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of
> internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
> of the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
> pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If
> you know of a program please let me know.
>

> .

Somebody told me this is done as before people complained every time a stream was moved. In these cases the stream can move but its the responsibility of the web site to make it still work from the same links. Sometimes this works well at other times its a bloomin' mess.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger

On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
of the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If
you know of a program please let me know.

.

Lino Morales

It can be a mess. A lot of the stations here in the US change streaming providers all the time. Sites like:

www.radio-locator.com

never keep thier links updated. Now for me me its not a big deal anymore if there is no available stream for a stand alone player I.E. Winamp. If the site uses a Flash player I simply go into volume control and turn down the volume level to where I want for Flash.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete" <emac00@cogeco.ca>

Very often, you can just do a right click on the listen link and then
choose save link as and 9 times out of 10 it will save a .pls or .m3u
file for you. The file may not be labeled correctly and may just say
listen.pls or something like that. Just rename it and save it where
you'll know where it is and you're good to go.

Roger

On 5/25/2016 12:05 PM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us. I listen to lots of
internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all
of the time. I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a
pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard. If
you know of a program please let me know.

.

Георги Ламбов <obichamlegiona@...>

   Hi!

I didn't understand if it's a program for listening of radio, is it a player or program for making radioStreams? Of course there is in the webSite an explanations but would you like also to explain it? Thanks!
   regards
Georgi
На 25.5.2016 г. в 23:12 ч., Gene New Zealand написа:

Hi

I am not sure what formats the following program plays, but it will play radio stations etc from all over the world plus more.

The link to this program is SpeakOn MediaSuite and can be found at http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn.html

Gene nz

On 26/05/2016 5:05 AM, Bobby wrote:
I am having issues locating pls files or m3us.  I listen to lots of internet radio stations butt I don't like going to the web sites all of the time.  I was if you know of a good progran that will capture a pls or m3u because finding the listen live link can be very hard.  If you know of a program please let me know.

Avast logo

Този имейл е проверен за вируси от Avast.