Topics

NVDA 2016.2 release candidate 1 is out, an audio tutorial on what's new in 2016.2 posted #NVAccess

Hi everyone,

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph

joseph, once again thanks for you detail demonstration.
I am not sure if I get it wrong or not, is the spelling error sound is only functioning in MS Office Word? Or it is functioning as long as office word is installed and typing else where do have the sound effect?
Thanks.

Joseph Lee 於 26/5/2016 12:41 寫道:

Hi everyone,

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph

Hi,

I’ve seen this appear in Outlook, certain IE edit fields and what not.

Cheers,

joseph

joseph, once again thanks for you detail demonstration.
I am not sure if I get it wrong or not, is the spelling error sound is only functioning in MS Office Word? Or it is functioning as long as office word is installed and typing else where do have the sound effect?
Thanks.

Joseph Lee 26/5/2016 12:41 寫道:

Hi everyone,

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph

Aravind R

it is working in firefox also.
thank you joseph sir for audio tutorial.
still, i couldn't understand how to make NVDA announce grammar mistake.

On 5/26/16, Joseph Lee <@joslee> wrote:
[...]

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

kavein thran

hi joseph, thanks for your tutorial. I should say that it's very
wellcoming what's new for nvda. Hope to have more what's new from you
as it's really nice to listen to new content before really using it.

On 5/26/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
[...]

Personally sound or voice I find this a bit off-putting, and prefer to check spelling the section is typed. My old Hal used to have this feature and I had to turn it off to stop forgetting what I had typed!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Lino Morales

Spelling error sounds? Cool. This wil help me big time. Thanks.

On 5/26/2016 12:41 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

Yes, indeed the RC1 is out. Featuring spelling error sounds, recognition of grammar errors and more, there’s something for everyone in this update.

The post from NV access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2rc1-released/

Note: This is a release candidate. If everything goes as planned, the official version will be out by next week.

Also, an audio tutorial on what’s new in NVDA 2016.2 has been posted. The direct link is:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/files/NVDA%202016.2.mp3

Note that this might be last What’s New tutorial (unless people say I should continue to produce these). Enjoy.

Cheers,

joseph

David Moore

Hi Joseph,
Thank you so much. I just installed the RC1 version of NVDA 2016.2. Please keep recording the tutorials. I love to listen to it before I begin using the new update. I have waited so long for more support in MS Office, especially word. Take care.

[...]

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Joseph,

I too want to thank you for the new release candidate of NVDA 2016.2. So-far it's working great for me. Keep up the good work on the tutorials.

Rosemarie

[...]

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Joseph and to nvda devs testers, and nvda advocate users,,

Kudos for the successful launching of this 2016.2 RC version for the nvda, it significantly been continuously developing and improved as we expected. Keep up the good work and making this tool as the prime time to helps blind and visual impaired community. Looking forward for the most exciting future releases. Again, thank you.

[...]

Pranav Lal

Hi Joseph and all,

I appreciate the work that goes into an audio tutorial. I however prefer a text version of the whats new document.

Pranav

[...]

Yep, the text version can be found at NVDA menu/Help/What’s new.

Cheers,

JOseph

[...]

Rui Fontes

You have a What's new document accessible through NVDA, Help menu.

Rui

[...]

Tony James <megatronjames@...>

One of my paragraph navigation? Is that going to be implemented at some point?

Tony JAmes, untouched and alive!

On May 26, 2016, at 8:15 PM, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:

[...]

Bhavya shah

Hi Tony,
What do you exactly mean by paragraph navigation? You can already
navigate paragraph by paragraph by pressing Ctrl + down/up arrow.
In case you have any further suggestion related to paragraph
navigation, please do file a ticket with NVDA on Github if you haven't
done so already, or comment on existing one if one that covers your
feature request exists. Most importantly, remember to be precise and
detailed and informative while making suggestions.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

hi joseph.
thanks so much for your great project.
may i ask you that does this new version support windows xp?
i read whats new and realised that added visual studio 2015 to this version.
i am afraid of unsupporting of windows xp!
and my second question is about espeak ng.
does have any significant and prominent changes in compare to the
original espeak versions specially for english and farsi?
thanks extremely again and allah bless you.

wrote:

[...]

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Hi,
eSpeak NG: Not that I now of (except for new voices).
Windows XP support: yes, NVDA still supports XP, provided that you are using Service Pack 2 or higher. NV Access will eventually ask you to upgrade to Service Pack 3 at some point.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

reader for Microsoft Windows To download a copy of the free screen
reader NVDA, please visit http://www.nvaccess.org/ Using Google
Talkback on Motorolla G second generation Lollipop 5.0.2 Reach me
through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@...
Skype id : bhavya.09

--
Those who follow the Messenger-Prophet, the Ummi, whom they find written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins them good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good things and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them their burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those who believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.

Pranav Lal

Thanks Joseph and Rui.

Pranav