NVDA 2016.2: Unable to find 'Play sound for spelling errors while typing' option

Bhavya shah

Hi Tyler and Aravind,
Thanks for the help. It was extremely foolish of me not to have
thought of this before.
I enabled the 'report spelling errors' Document Formatting setting and
henceforth appeared the auditory indication option in the Keyboard
Settings dialog. Actually, I don't want verbal reporting at all, only
real-time auditory indications, because I don't want all the proper
nouns I have to frequently use to be flagged incorrect to me all the
time, only a beep would be endurable.
Would it be the case of more users possibly facing this issue and
having this request to receive only auditory warnings and no verbal
feedback for spelling errors?
Thanks.

On 5/26/16, Aravind R <aravind.andhrabank@...> wrote:
hi bavya,
enable the spelling error announcement in documents and settings.
then only, sound alert option will come in keyboard settings.

On 5/26/16, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Its there in keyboard settings here. Its checked by default.

On 5/26/2016 12:58 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.

r. aravind,

Assistant manager
Department of sales
mobile no: +91 9940369593, 9710945613.
email id : aravind_069@..., aravind.andhrabank@....

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Aravind R

[...]

Tyler Spivey

1. Are you running 2016.2 RC1? Check in help/about.
2. Under Document Formatting, check Report spelling errors.
When this is checked, Play sound for spelling errors while typing
appears in keyboard preferences.

On 5/25/2016 9:58 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Dear all,
As noted in the What's New document of NVDA version 2016.2 RC 1, there
has been introduced an auditory indication for spelling errors in edit
controls.
However, I am not only unable to experience this functionality by
typing nonsensical pieces of characters as words in Firefox edit
fields and a Word document, but also am unable to locate the
corresponding option named 'Play sound for spelling errors while
typing' which supposedly should have been in NVDA's Keyboard Settings
dialog, though I did skim through several other NVDA Preferences
dialogs for the same too without success.
Please reply and let me know if others can confirm this or not, in
which case I (or others) may file a ticket for the same.

Bhavya shah

Hi Robert,
I still am unable to get that option, come what may. I tried running
the setup file as a temporary copy, tried reinstalling it over my
current copy, tried restarting NVDA normally and with add-ons
disabled, but to no avail.
I am using a Windows 8.1 Professional 64 bit system, and just cannot
locate that option in NVDA's Keyboard Settings dialog. I wonder if the
download of NVDA was corrupt or what, because Firefox shows it as a
file of 18.1 mb, while it on my computer is shown as a file weighing
only 18, which of course could have occurred to to reasons, but I
still am thinking if it was a corrupt download problem (though highly
unlikely, you generally don't just miss one feature and get all thee
rest :)).
I wish someone else would have the same experience as mine. Is there
anything that the log could catch which I could pass on, somehow?
Thanks.

On 5/26/16, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
yes, you are correct it has to be change from the notes for the "what's
new", i would assume it should be replace with "Play sound for spelling
errors while typing". And, also I would like to make additional note
that the access keys for nvda plus C was the same as with the keystroke
for reviewing the text that was in the clipboard. But, I would suggest
if this will be created a two different ticket

Robert Mendoza