Information for those on Windows 10 build 17666

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

As noted in at least one thread, NVDA snapshot builds won't update currently if you are running Windows 10 insider build 17666.  This is not actually an issue with NVDA, but rather with how this build of Windows handles administrative access (which is needed during the update process).  This issue affects installing or updating any program, as well as running a program as administrator.

For those Windows insiders running an installed Next or Master build of NVDA and wanting to update it (or install anything else or run any program as administrator), you might consider downgrading to the previous insider build until a new Insider build comes out.

If you have NVDA 2018.1.1 installed and run temporary copies of snapshot builds, you should be ok.  We trust that Microsoft will bring out new Insider builds before NVDA 2018.2 is due out (and yes, it coming around to that time.  Expect to see a release candidate in just a few weeks time).

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm glad that this is all it is then. Luckily the only 10 machine I get access to is not in the insider program. grin.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-