Topics

NVDA Curiosity

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Andre Fisher

I have no problems with it. I love it!

On 6/3/16, Chris Shook <chris0309@samobile.net> wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Roger Stewart

I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I have no issues at all either. Everything is working okay, ESpeak NG
sounds just fine, web browsing and other stuff is as great as it used
to be, if not better in certain areas where NVDA has improved.
Thanks.

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Ron Canazzi

Hi Chris,

In all the programs I use regularly: Firefox, Thunderbird, Notepad Plus Plus, Computer, Free Make Video Converter, Soulseek, Winamp, Speak On Media Suite (java based) and ESET Anti-virus, I have noticed no difficulties. I have not had any issues with my NVDA add-ons such as Weather Plus 3.84, Winamp enhancements, Clock and probably a few I can't remember.

I am using a Windows 8.1 system with 12 GB RAM 8 core processor, 1 TB hard drive with external drives, ETC.

On 6/3/2016 2:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Carlos

Hello:

The newer the PC/machine; the less problems are encountered with new software!

At some point some NVDA users will be hit with the reality that Windows XP has lived a very very long life and wants to retire/be left alone!

There are a number of charitable organizations/groups that sell rebuilt PC's at economical prices that at least run Windows 7.

There are a number of software developers that warn customers that their software no longer will support vintage PC's!

So, if users insist on continued usage of old PC's/machines. Then don't complain/whine when operating systems/software does not run correctly on your machines!

Yes! I do sound like an old curmudgeon! And, I'm very proud to represent my age group! (55 Years and above)

On 6/3/2016 11:29 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com

David Moore

Hi all,
I am having no problems with NVDA 2016.2
Works great with web sites and all programs like MS excel. Go NVDA!

I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and
Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Gene

Such questions may generate a lot of meaningless responses.  If 300 list members are not having probems. we will learn nothing useful by having them write to the list and saying they are not having probems.  Problems need to be reported to be corrected.  Nothing can be done when people write and say they are not having problems.  It doesn't help solve the problems some people are having and such messages don't help NVDA function better.

Gee

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 1:01 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Curiosity

This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Gene

you don't represent your age group.  As a person over 55 myself, I do not accept your representation.

As far as XP is concerned, the developers are still intentionally having NVDA run in Windows Xp.  Also, I don't recall messages of people reporting bugs stating that they are using XP.  It appears you are making an unsupported assumption.

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hear here!

All the best,

Cearbhall

-----
version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails.

I am having no problems with NVDA 2016.2 Works great with web sites and all
programs like MS excel. Go NVDA!

I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and
Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Gary Bowers <gdbowers@...>

For me, NVDA is kicking butt...er, I mean it's working very well. I use FF.

Gary

I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and
Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

Yes, you are right. For sentimental reason, I kept an old XP SP3 system--mostly for storage and because I finagled a way to play some DOS games on it through the command line structure. But just this past week, the old faithful gave up the ghost: some sort of motherboard issue as well as a shaky hard drive. So I decided to replace it with a reconditioned Windows 7 Home Premium system for about $125 plus tax. I am used to having tons of back-ups in the event of a calamity so I am comfortable with 3 computers: my 2 Windows 8 systems (one to be upgraded shortly to ten or when I get the nerve) and the old XP system, now to be replaced with the Windows 7 reconditioned box. Oh for the tragedy of not hearing that old XP boot sound! I know you can configure the new system with the old sounds--but just like dating a blonde you really liked and then when she dumps you dating another blonde; it's really not quite the same <laugh>!

...And so it goes.

On 6/3/2016 2:49 PM, Carlos wrote:
[...]

Kevin Cussick

Hi, just at this moment nvda 2016.2 is working well for me with no problems.

On 03/06/2016 19:01, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues
with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Kevin Cussick

good point agreed.

On 03/06/2016 20:43, Gene wrote:
[...]

Kwork

All good so far here as well. I haven't, and won't test everything as I
don't have Office installed, but what I normally do is working just fine.
Travis

I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and
Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Just to clarify, I only asked how many people were not having problems with the new NVDA because people that are having problems with the new NVDA usually report them. I wanted to see if problems were just with a few people or the majority.
Chris

Gene

I understand, but by the time a properly developed and tested program reaches release, it will have been tested enough that it is expected to function properly or without significant problems for most users.  That's why there are snapshots released more than once a week for testing during development and that's why betas are released before development.

Some people like to test programs while in development.  they may have annoyances or problems because of bugs while the program is being developed.  Interested people may spot problems or express dissatisfaction with some aspects of the program during that time.  for people who want reliability and who don't want to test, the final release version is the most likely to be the most bugg-free and reliable in the development of the current version.

Gene----- Original Message -----
Just to clarify, I only asked how many people were not having problems
with the new NVDA because people that are having problems with the new
NVDA usually report them. I wanted to see if problems were just with a
few people or the majority.
Chris

n8mnx@att.net

I am not having any issues with nvda 2016.2 every version I have not yet encountered any issues.
Brian Sackrider

On 6/3/2016 2:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Jean,
I can see your point and I agree with you for the most part, but the beta versions of a product are only good if people are actually using them and reporting bugs.
Chris

Gene

I'm sure many people are using them.  Unless the developers start asking for more testers, it can be assumed that enough testers are participating.