gethub

Christopher Gray

Hi:

Where can I find documentation on NVDA and Gethub?

Thank you.

Chris

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Chris,

I think you mean "Github".  The source code for NVDA is kept on GitHub, as well as our issue repository.  So, if you want to file a bug, that's the best place.

If you are looking for issues, you'll find them here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues - there is a search edit where you can type keywords about your problem.  If you can't find an existing issue, then there is a "New Issue" button (note, you can browse issues without an account, but you'll need a free account to create issues).

If you want to contribute code or download the source code, you can do that from GitHub as well, and if you want to go down that track (fantastic, it would be great to have you on board!) you'll want to browse through the developer guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/developerGuide.html and probably join the developer mailing list as well: https://sourceforge.net/p/nvda/lists/nvda-devel/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Jason White

I would add that the Git command line tools work well with screen readers, including NVDA. If you plan to use those, there are good books available, such as the Pro Git book:

https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2