Problems When tried Shutting Down NVDA

Hello,
Do you guys have these problems?
Since yesterday I  just can't shutdown my NVDA by the task manager.
When I tried "taskkill /f /im nvda.exe" it gives me a error message.
And that's the only way I found to fix the bug that freezes my computer 'til I restart it. If I can  be faster than the bug, I'm able to give the command to shut down the task and then it's alright.

Chheers,
Marcio

Abbie Taylor <abbietaylor945@...>

Have you tried NVDA plus Q. Alternatively, you can go to the NVDA menu and click on "Exit" at the bottom. Hope that helps.

Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author http://abbiescorner.wordpress.com
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com
abbietaylor945@gmail.com
Order my new memoir at http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com/memoir.htm

On May 19, 2018 9:13 AM, "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,
Do you guys have these problems?
Since yesterday I  just can't shutdown my NVDA by the task manager.
When I tried "taskkill /f /im nvda.exe" it gives me a error message.
And that's the only way I found to fix the bug that freezes my computer
'til I restart it. If I can  be faster than the bug, I'm able to give
the command to shut down the task and then it's alright.

Chheers,
Marcio

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Areyousaying that the normal shutdown does not work? Its no good shutting down the process as its hooked into windows and may well cause a crash if you do that.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

Since yesterday I just can't shutdown my NVDA by the task manager.
When I tried "taskkill /f /im nvda.exe" it gives me a error message.
And that's the only way I found to fix the bug that freezes my computer 'til I restart it. If I can be faster than the bug, I'm able to give the command to shut down the task and then it's alright.

Chheers,
Marcio

I can't do it because as I've already said my computer have a weird bug that totally freezes any program and command I try to use. So I created a shortcut that allows me to be faster than the bug and I was able to make things right 'til I noticed it.

On May 19, 2018 9:13 AM, "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:
Hello,
Do you guys have these problems?
Since yesterday I  just can't shutdown my NVDA by the task manager.
When I tried "taskkill /f /im nvda.exe" it gives me a error message.
And that's the only way I found to fix the bug that freezes my computer
'til I restart it. If I can  be faster than the bug, I'm able to give
the command to shut down the task and then it's alright.

Chheers,
Marcio

Yes, normal shutdown doesn't work. The only way I found to continue using my computer without restarting is how I said.

----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
Since yesterday I just can't shutdown my NVDA by the task manager.
When I tried "taskkill /f /im nvda.exe" it gives me a error message.
And that's the only way I found to fix the bug that freezes my computer 'til I restart it. If I can be faster than the bug, I'm able to give the command to shut down the task and then it's alright.

Chheers,
Marcio

Quentin Christensen

I think you need to try to get to the bottom of what is causing that freeze rather than trying to find a quicker way to quit NVDA :)

Possibly something you have installed or updated recently.  Maybe see if you can find a Windows log or something indicating the problem or google and see if you can find anyone else with the same problem.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

This is an old problem, I guess it happen to me since I started to use this computer.
Anyway, I really don't googled about it yet. I'm going to do it right now.

Em 20/05/2018 21:15, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

[...]

It's funny how we just put up with their quirks sometimes - In order to use my microphone, I have to go into it and disable then reenable it each time I turn the computer on.  It's an annoyance, but I just do it - I must admit, I have looked into it before and it seems to be an issue with this webcam that Logitech aren't interested in fixing so it's either deal with it, or buy a different model webcam.  Yours sounds a bit more serious though.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 2:07 AM, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

It is.
I'm already used to this, really.
Me and my computer, we have a strange connection, it's funny how out of these problems it seems to perfectly understand me sometimes LOL
Em 20/05/2018 23:47, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

[...]

That sucks for logitec.

However the microsoft web cams the live series runs on just about everything and is good enough.

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess