Topics

NVDA and Chrome 51

Hi,

When I tried NVDA (latest version) with Chrome 51, NVDA still doesn't read the character that I've deleted in a number of text boxes, specifically the Facebook status composing box and I think this applies to all textareas.

Is this a NVDA bug or a Chrome bug?

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Not completely sure, but I'd guess it to be more of an issue in google's side of things. It's not the first time I've seen this and similar problems with chrome and herd of others seeing the same. I've always herd it mentioned that it's do to google not necessarily following all the standards for accessibility, but I don't know much about that.
Hope this helps.
Tc.

On 6/4/2016 5:11 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Hi,

When I tried NVDA (latest version) with Chrome 51, NVDA still doesn't read the character that I've deleted in a number of text boxes, specifically the Facebook status composing box and I think this applies to all textareas.

Is this a NVDA bug or a Chrome bug?

David Moore

Hi,
Different web sites work better on different browsers. With Chrome, Facebook does not work that well with a screen reader. Now Chrome does work great if you want to stream media or play videos. For Facebook, IE still works the best and Firefox works well if you want to do a lot of filling out forms. All three browsers are good for different things. I would not try using Google Chrome for everything. Just for searching and streaming media, watching news playing pod casts, playing a movie, and stuff like that with Google Chrome. Take care, and I hope this helps a little bit.

Not completely sure, but I'd guess it to be more of an issue in google's side of things. It's not the first time I've seen this and similar problems with chrome and herd of others seeing the same. I've always herd it mentioned that it's do to google not necessarily following all the standards for accessibility, but I don't know much about that.
Hope this helps.
Tc.

On 6/4/2016 5:11 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Hi,

When I tried NVDA (latest version) with Chrome 51, NVDA still doesn't read the character that I've deleted in a number of text boxes, specifically the Facebook status composing box and I think this applies to all textareas.

Is this a NVDA bug or a Chrome bug?

Joe Paton

thanks for your observations david.

Joe

[...]