Issues with Truvoice

Jermaine Raymer <Jermaine@...>

Hello,

I downloaded NVDA as a trial to see how it might work for my agency’s consumers—When I changed the synthesized voice to one of the Truvoice options, I got a dialogue box which says “Password required to use this Truvoice text-to-speech engine.” Everytime I click the ok button, or click the “x” in the top right of the dialogue, the box with the same message just pops up again. I have now deleted and reinstalled NVDA twice, and both times I reinstalled, it simply launched right into that dialogue box. Does anybody know a way to get me out of this vicious loop?

Thanks

Jermaine Raymer

Program Director

PACE, Inc.

(217) 344.5433 (Voice)

(217) 344.5024 (TTY)

(217) 344.2414 (Fax)

(217) 689.0289 (Video)

Sukil Etxenike <sukiletxe@...>

Hi,
You can try deleting your config directory.
To access it you can press Windows+R and type "%appdata%" without quotes. Delete the NVDA inside it.
Regards,
Sukil

El 6 jun 2016, a las 15:55, Jermaine Raymer <Jermaine@...> escribió:

[...]

Tyler Spivey

Sure. Uninstalling NVDA does not remove your config.
The simplest way out of this loop is to go to %appdata%\nvda and delete
nvda.ini. You'll have to reconfigure a few things, though.

On 6/6/2016 6:55 AM, Jermaine Raymer wrote:
[...]

Brian Moore

Hi.  Is this the true voice which comes with zoomtext?  if so, it will not work with any other product as it is locked to zoomtext.  I am not aware of any other product that includes true voice by default but I might be wrong about that.

With the one that is included with zt, it will not work with any other program than zoom text.

Brian.
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 06/06/2016 10:02 AM, Sukil Etxenike via Groups.io wrote:

[...]

Thanks all, I was hoping I could avoid registry editing, but somehow figured it was inevitable.

I didn’t even consider that the truvoice engine was part of Zt.

[...]

Antony Stone

Fortunately there is no requirement to edit the registry.

Just delete the file or directory as stated in Sukil or Tyler's replies, and
you should be fine.

Antony.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian
Moore Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 9:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

- Bill Gates

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Jermaine Raymer <Jermaine@...>

Thanks, deleting the app data fixed the issue

[...]

I suspect they get it cheaper if they only allow it to be used by their program. In the old days screenreader makers used to allow other software to use the voices, but seemingly that is a very bad idea. cycnic in me wonderers if they are serving us well in this regard.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

El 6 jun 2016, a las 15:55, Jermaine Raymer <Jermaine@pacecil.org<mailto:Jermaine@pacecil.org>> escribió:
[...]

That is good to know. I was under the impression that modern copies of ZT had limited use licences of the voices, but maybe yours is a little older.