Topics

Arabic and Turkish voices now available via Acapela TTS for NVDA v1.3

Paolo Leva

Hello,

today we released an update for the Acapela TTS for NVDA product. The main feature is the availability of Arabic and Turkish voices. Read more about it here:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/blog/2016/06/07/acapela-nvda-v1-3-with-arabic-and-turkish-voices/

Cheers,

Paolo from Acapela Group

Hrvoje Katić

Hello,

I have a simple question. I have purchased Acapella licence last week. However, I am Windows 10 insider on a fast ring so my Windows is updated very often. Should I deactivate my licence before upgrading to the newer insider build or not?

On 7.6.2016. 10:28, Paolo Leva wrote:

Hello,

today we released an update for the Acapela TTS for NVDA product. The main feature is the availability of Arabic and Turkish voices. Read more about it here:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/blog/2016/06/07/acapela-nvda-v1-3-with-arabic-and-turkish-voices/

Cheers,

Paolo from Acapela Group

Rui Fontes

Generally spoking...

In Vocalizer for NVDA from Tiflotecnia, you don't need.

In Vocalizer and Eloquence, coth for NVDA or Windows, from CodeFactory, is
better, since it is easy to loose the license with
Windows updates...

In Acapela for NVDA I still don't know how the licensing system works... So,
to be sure, untill Acapella says the contrary, I will advice to remove the
license...

Rui

I have a simple question. I have purchased Acapella licence last week.
However, I am Windows 10 insider on a fast ring so my Windows is updated
very often. Should I deactivate my licence before upgrading to the newer
insider build or not?

On 7.6.2016. 10:28, Paolo Leva wrote:

Hello,

today we released an update for the Acapela TTS for NVDA product. The main
feature is the availability of Arabic and Turkish voices. Read more about it
here:

http://www.acapela-nvda.com/blog/2016/06/07/acapela-nvda-v1-3-with-arabic-and-turkish-voices/

Cheers,

Paolo from Acapela Group

Hrvoje Katić

Hello,

Yep the reason why I'm asking is because I don't need to deactivate vocalizer when it's time to upgrade, while for SAPI5 Eloquence by Code Factory I have to deactivate.

On 7.6.2016. 16:50, Rui Fontes wrote:
[...]

Hello Hrvoje, as far as we know the license should be able to survive a Windows upgrade, we have no report whatsoever of problems during upgrades. We have not tested update to an insider version of Windows, but I would expect the license would make it.

If you get problems you can always contact us at contact@... and we will help you out.

//Paolo

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi,
The license does fine with the windows upgrade. I didn't have any problems after upgrading to Windows 10.
Chris