how can i change voice dictionary in nvda to espeak not announce punctuation?

hello every one.
when espeak became espeak ng, it had many improvements and goodnesses
for persian users.
but it faced some problems as well.
espeak sometimes announce some punctuations like kama in persian and
one other more that i dont know there spelling in english.
i set punctuation none, but sometimes espeak does not respect my
choice and announce some punctuation.
hearing punctuations is very annoying for me and i dont want to nvda
announces them unless when navigating letter by letter.
but the problem occures even in sayAll, that i dont need editing and i
only want to study books and articles.
i sincerely appreciate your help and pray for you, God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Which version of nvda do you have at the moment. Obviously this could be a Persian only issue, but I have occasionally noticed that in order to say every punctuation entry some need to be altered in the punctuation list to always, in more than one place.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

as i said before,
i use nvda 2016.4 forever.
but it does not matter, i have this issue since nvda 2016.2 (which
changed to espeak ng).
i know that i should find speech dictionaries and find voice dictionary.
then press enter on add button and in the pattern type my punctuation
which i dont want to hear in sayAll,
then what exactly should i type in replacement that nvda never does
not announce this punctuation at all when using sayAll and i hear it
only when i need editing documents by navigating letter by letter?

[...]

Quentin Christensen

Hi Zahra,

Rather than the speech dictionary (which is designed to change how particular words are pronounced), you want to edit the "Punctuation / Symbol pronunciation" options.  Press NVDA+N, then P then find that option in the list and press ENTER to open the dialog.

You can either arrow through the list to find the punctuation to edit, if it is already there, or activate the "Add" button to add a new entry.

When you add a new entry, it asks you to type the symbol to be changed.  Do that and press ENTER.
Next you can tab to "replace" and type the word you want NVDA to read when reading that symbol.
The important one you want I think though, is "Level".  When you change the punctuation level with NVDA+P, any symbol in this list will get read if it's level is at least as high as the current symbol level.  EG if you set the symbol level of a symbol to "Most", When NVDA is set to symbol level none, or some, it won't be read out, but if it is set to most or all, it will be.

See how you go and if that helps.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

You would type a space in the replacement field.  This will probably work.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hi quentin.
i tried your method and unfortunately did not change the problem for me.
hi gene.
adding space for replacement in voice dictionary sometimes resolves
the problem and in some cases and sentences the issue is unfortunately
persist.
what should i do to never hear any punctuation specially in sayAll and
its better if its be possible when navigating line by line?
thanks extremely for your help, God bless you all!

[...]

That is all I know about that possible solution.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

is there any solution for changing voice dictionary according to my need?

[...]

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

I know very little about the Arabic or Farsi languages. I assume the punctuation you are looking at is not Latin based? Even so, I believe the UNICODE standard (which is not always used by Windows systems), defines which codes should be punctuation for the alphabet being encoded. Also, sometimes the same symbol can have different ways to be represented in Unicode since even though the graphic looks the same there are different meanings for the symbol. A good example of this is that the dash and the minus sign in Latin alphabets usually look identical, but there is a different UNICODE representation. Another place this happens is accented characters, where often these can be represented as two characters in one location or as one character.

In any case, it would be good to try and provide the details of the issues to NVDA developers so that all folks using the symbols you are having issues with can have the problems resolved. Also, in at least Latin based languages, some punctuation has significantly different interpretation when in the middle of a word or number and NVDA can support these differentiations.

Best Wishes,

Jonathan

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hello jonathan.
yes, my problem is for two punctuations in farsi and does not affect
latin documents.
as i dont know there spelling in english, i just type the punctuation hear.
،؛

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Gene

To be sure the punctuation matches what you are trying to do, try selecting and copying it to the clipboard when you see it in a document.  Then try pasting it into the speech dictionary.  While there may be another reason you are being unsuccessful, my guess is that the problem is that what you are typing is different from what is in the document in some way.  This procedure should eliminate any possible difference.  Try copying and pasting instead of typing for the punctuation marks you are unsuccessul with.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Try to add the following lines to your Symbols.ini:

، none never # ،
؛ none never # ؛

Rui Fontes

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

hi.
where can i find this ini file to modify it?

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Rui Fontes

Hi!

As you have already make some changes in the symbols pronuntiation, you should have in your NVDA configurations folder a file named:
symbols-xx_XX.ini
where xx_XX are the letters representing the parsi language... It may only have xx...

Rui